A Conversation for Flying

The Things you really need to know

Post 1

biggles

· Take-off's are optional. Landings are mandatory.

· If God meant man to fly, he'd have given him more money.

· If you push the stick forward, the houses get bigger, if you pull the stick back they get smaller, unless you keep pulling the stick back - then they get bigger again.

· Flying is not dangerous but crashing is!

· It's better to be down here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here.

· The propeller is just a big fan in the front of the plane to keep the pilot cool. If you want proof then make it stop; then watch the pilot break out into a sweat.

· Airspeed is life and altitude is life insurance. No one has ever collided with the sky.

· It's best to keep the pointed end going forward as much as possible.

· The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

· Flying is the second greatest thrill known to man.... Landing is the first!

· Every one knows the definition of a 'good' landing is one from which you can walk away. But very few know the definition of a 'great landing.' It's one after which you can use the aeroplane again.

· The probability of survival is equal to the angle of arrival.

· Always remember you fly an aeroplane with your head, not your hands.

· Never let an aeroplane take you somewhere your brain didn't get to five minutes earlier.

· Those who hoot with the owls by night, should not fly with the eagles by day.

· Learn from the mistakes of others because you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

· Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement.

· There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing: Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.

· Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwind.

· It's easy to make a small fortune in aviation. Start with a large one.

· A male pilot is a confused soul who talks about women when he's flying, and about flying when he's with a woman.

· A fool and his money are soon flying more aeroplanes than he can handle.

· Try to keep the number of your landings equal to the number of your take-offs.

· There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are no old, bold, pilots!

· Six useless commodities in aviation: Altitude above you.
Runway behind you.
Fuel in Jerry Can.
Half a second ago.
Airspeed you don't have.

· Flying is the perfect vocation for a man who wants to feel like a boy, but not for one who still is.

· Gravity never loses! The best you can hope for is a draw!

LEARN THESE THINGS AND MORE at......... http://www.nexus-pt.com/microlight


The Things you really need to know

Post 2

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Additional info:
It is inadvisable to eat an aeroplane, especially whilst in flight, even if your name is Monsieur Mange-Tout.


The Things you really need to know

Post 3

Is mise Duncan

'Tis not flying you should fear, but suddenly not flying smiley - smiley


The Things you really need to know

Post 4

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

Just as it is not Falling you should fear, but suddenly *not* falling!


The Things you really need to know

Post 5

bio-shadow

well once i stoped falling i wouldnt have to wory about it much longersmiley - erm


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more