A Conversation for Poker - Texas Hold 'Em

what if...?

Post 1

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

What happens when the 'community cards are a better hand than anyone players?

Sounds great, friends used to have poker nights but they became too popular so every one couldn't play!, I'll be on their case for a game next weekend!

You sure you're new around here? You seem to have settled in really quickly!

Z.


what if...?

Post 2

TDiD - Student of Luck/Fate

Hey, if the best hand turns out in the middle then everyone plays the five cards in the middle. This generally leads to the pot being split five or six different ways but it's still the only fair way to decide.
If you didn't want to do that you could always cut the deck or some such like because it's not like we can't have house rules!

Do you play poker much then? Hold 'em is without a doubt the best variant. I came to dislike stud and draw when I realised most of the game is coming down to bluffing, the chance of getting a hand is miniscule.
In a large game of texas, someone's always got a hand! It keeps things interesting.

You could say I'm new! I only joined yesterday but the programming language seems pretty straight-forward and it's always a laugh trying to put something new in your journal!

I'm gonna try and keep the hold 'em page up to date so if you do have a game, would you mind sending in a quick couple of thoughts. It looks a bit weird with only my name on it!

Have you been in the guide very long? Any pages of your own?

Speak to you soon,

Truck Driver in Darlington


what if...?

Post 3

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Hi TDID!
I'll certainly let you know what happens and hog it goes down at the game I hope to organise for next weekend!
Don't worry about being the only named researcher on the page that does happen often! You could always search the guide to see if there is any other poker type entries and link to them.

I'm credited with 3 edited entries on my page, only one of which I put anything substantial into, and there's the original draft for comparison too, if you're interested. Also *possibly getting boring*
I'm presently working on two that I've got in the writers workshop, one on Fairtrade http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A560404and one not so near completion on rolling papers http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A557507

POP over and have a look!

Z.


what if...?

Post 4

TDiD - Student of Luck/Fate

I like the Fairtrade page! Informative, but not pushy! Can u think of anything else I should pu in the hold 'em page? I'm thinking of making a couple more poker game pages and then having a main page with all of the links - I can't believe nobody else has written an entry on poker.

NEway, till next time,

Take it easy


what if...?

Post 5

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

I can't believe it either, you've just discovered a vocation.
Maybe you should do one on poker generally, then you can link to that!

Thanx for kind words about the fairtrade entry.
smiley - smiley

Z.


what if...?

Post 6

TDiD - Student of Luck/Fate

Right. I've put up three more poker - (something) pages. They've all got links to each other and the history one is pretty good. Trying to think of what I could put in a poker page to have an intro' to all of the rest of them. This is harder than I first thought.

NE ideas?

Cheers for the kind words in general.

TDiD


what if...?

Post 7

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

Just checked them out well written and well on the way to being submitted for comments in peer review tho I'd suggest that you put the poker experiences in Ask the H2G2 comunity
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F19585
for a week or two to beef up this one, the others look quite complete tho, -
include the links within your article and take out the first peron bit's, that will help it go down better in PR.

You've been busy!

Z.


what if...?

Post 8

TDiD - Student of Luck/Fate

Well, I've put the converstion up on the board you recommended.

This front page is proving difficult.

NEWay. I'm gonna log off now or my girlfriend says she'll throw me out if I don't. Ahhh, such is life.

TDiD.

(P.S. Cheers for the advice, I don't really know my way around this place at all!)


what if...?

Post 9

Zarniroop (er.... I'll think of something amusing to put here soon!)

You're learning fast!

Z.


what if...?

Post 10

osiris-

If there's a hand on the table then you ignore it and still play for the player with the highest hand. Say there's four Queens on the table and a 7 , all the players still in the hand would show their cards and it would go off a highcard or whatever. If someone had a 7 they would win with a pair of 7s.


Key: Complain about this post