Poker - Texas Hold 'Em

2 Conversations


Texas Hold 'em has often been described as the caddilac of poker. There is a very simple reason for this, it is quite simply the best card game ever invented.


At the beginning of each hand of hold 'em, the dealer starting at his left, deals around until each player has two cards face down. he deal moves to the left after each hand (In casino games there is a house dealer so a rotating "button"is put infront of a player to signify he is the dealer, and so gets his cards last and bets last in each betting round). There is one betting round on these first two cards. The dealer now deals three consecutive cards face up in the middle of the table. These cards are called the "flop". They are community cards used in common by each player still in the hand. There is then a second round of betting. Then another card is put face up in the middle (the "turn"). Then there is another round of betting. Then a fifth and final card is put face up in the middle (the "river"). Then a final round of betting takes place. If there is more than one player left in the game at the end, the winner is the player with the best poker hand using five out of the seven cards on the table (the five on the table and the two in his hand, the rankings are below).

HAND RANKING


1. Highest Card


2. Pair


3. Two Pairs


4. Three of a kind


5. Straight


6. Flush


7. Full House


8. Four of a Kind


9. Straight Flush


10.Royal Flush

NOTE - ACES HIGH EVEN IN AN A2345 STRAIGHT!

WHY HOLD 'EM IS SO GREAT


Unlike most ordinary poker games, texas hold 'em can be played with over fifteen people in any one hand. This means it is a great way of getting friends together to have a little wager. We used to throw Hold 'Em nights very often and they are always a success as everyone can bring their own bottle, and the amount of chat that goes on over the table makes it brilliant. I've personally been playing for over five years as I started when I was 13 and I'm soon turning 19. I've visited many casinos around the country and enjoyed every minute. The other great thing about hold 'em, it's extremely easy to pick up and get good at, but extremely hard to master!

TEXAS HOLD 'EM IS THE FASTING GROWING CARD GAME IN THE WORLD, WHY NOT HAVE A HOLD 'EM NIGHT SOON?

A584390

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A560440

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more