A Conversation for Talking Point: h2g2 Site Re-Design

How much do you use the buttons?

Post 41

Saturn Girl ~ 1 of 42 (Borg Queen A761708) ~ Gollum's keeper + some ~ [1*7(0!+2)(0!+1)=42]

Register 11 (there's a register button? How come I could never find it?! I only got registered by a miracal of stumbling across a link! smiley - sadface)
Front Page (in Goo, the swirly logo) 5 (didn't know that's where that went, I just use the link in my Netscape tool bar!)
My Space 1
Read 7
Talk 4
Contribute 8
Help! (should be don't panic!) 6
Feedback 9
Who's Online 2
Preferences 3
Logout 10

smiley - planet Saturn Girl smiley - planet

ps. and in honesty, I usually only use the My space button, occasionally the Who's online, and the preferences... the others were assigned #s as I thought I might use 'em.


How much do you use the buttons?

Post 42

Acheron

'spose its pushing it to ask for the askh2g2 button back.
I know it was said when it was removed that there are lots of other interesting places on the guide and I know I can bookmark it in various ways but still.
Please


How much do you use the buttons?

Post 43

manolan


1. My Space

never use any other buttons, though I think I _did_ use help once!


How much do you use the buttons?

Post 44

Fruitbat (Eric the)

While I've not been keeping track, this is general breakdown:

I use My Space mostly - this allows me to keep track of existing conversations;

I don't Log Out and managed to get lost and almost panicked when I first used it.....since then I simply stay Logged In and all is well.

Haven't used the other ones yet so I'm not sure what they do. Weirdly, I'm always getting the Blue Goo page in Netscape 4.7 (dominant browser). The few times I've logged on with IE 5 for Mac (a headache), I get Alabaster every time. I prefer the Netscape rendition.....I've also tested this in iCab and Opera, which manifest Alabaster, too.

Fruitbat


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more