A Conversation for Y'all

Y'all did that real quick.

Post 1

Spitfire

Well, well, well

That was fast; I now understand a little more of the rich and colo[u]rful complexity of American-English. The entry is spiffing too. Good balance and nicely proportioned.
Worth putting in to Peer Review, I'd say.

Must go now. I have to take the kite up for a spin - engine's just been tuned and the
carburation cycle sounds a little dicky.

Toodle pip.
smiley - ok
Spitfire.


Y'all did that real quick.

Post 2

unremarkable: Lurker, OMFC, LPAS

awright spits, be careful up 'ere.. hear?


Y'all did that real quick.

Post 3

Mr. Cogito

Hello,

Yeah, I reckon y'all should move it into Peer Review right quick, y'hear?

Of course, my favorite is the construction for large groups: "All y'all better listen up!" or such. smiley - smiley

A Fellow 'Mercan,
Jake


Y'all did that real quick.

Post 4

unremarkable: Lurker, OMFC, LPAS

yeah, i've just started using that one... its a bit more advanced, but definitely worth using!


Y'all did that real quick.

Post 5

Spoo Monkey

I also think it belongs in peer review. Pers'nally, I think that it ain't right to use "y'all" in the singular, but I know fer certain that many people would disagree wit' me. Meybbe you could mention that some people, like myself, are a bit peculiar when it comes to "y'all".

Actually, come ta think of it, "y'all" is just fine when used in the royal sense. Y'know, the individual stands for themselves an the entire household. But, then, I'm a nut, so that's neither here nor there...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more