A Conversation for The Myth Of 42 [(5-3+0+5) * (6+0) = 42]

My 42-maker

Post 1

Matthew Somerville - (take a look at my 42 maker!)

If you pop along to my space at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/U51315 you'll find a link to my 42-maker at my website Dracos. This tries to make 42 from any number thrown at it. It currently only works for 2-5 digit numbers (6 digit numbers are my next priority; it's easy to add, just time consuming to get all the possibilities - I hate operator precedence! smiley - winkeye ), and only has basic arithmetic. Any comments welcome (as long as they're nice, of course smiley - smiley ).

I'm afraid the server will be swamped if I make it so comprehensive as to try absolutely everything, like invtan and sin. Any ideas for heuristic algorithms welcome! smiley - winkeye

ATB,
Matthew


My 42-maker

Post 2

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

smiley - wow

I will have to check that out later, and include a link from the Article, if that's OK by you....


My 42-maker

Post 3

Argon0 (50 and feeling it - back for a bit)

completely forgot about that!!! I'll check it out later!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more