A Conversation for Who is this God person anyway? (A look at the Modern God)

who is this God person anyway?

Post 1

Researcher 193600

Sikhism beleives in a God, although they claim they haven't really seen him. They beleive in the tales of their Gurus, who spread peace to all during their time on Earth, who were eventually replaced by a book (like the Bible, etc) called a Guru, and also must be called Gurus accordingly and be treated like the living men it replaced (such as its own room, etc).


The above is from the intro.
Q. Why must we all have the same view about god?
most people contributing to this debate seem to have the same reference point - the supposedlly christen view point of god being a HE. The view that he can be seen, just because he exists. The sikh gurus go to lengths to explain the creator or Oneness (i am delibratly trying to avoid the word God).the sikhs do not believe in the tales of the gurus, but rather in the 'inspired'message given by the gurus. The book is called a guru simply because it contains the message. This debate can only become meaningful if you abondon the existing view of 'God' and are preparaed to listen to alternative views offered by sikhism, for eg.


Key: Complain about this post

who is this God person anyway?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more