A Conversation for The Works Of Terry Pratchett

A523595 - The Works Of Terry Pratchett

Post 1

McSnaga

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A523595

I am seeking to have this article added to the edited guide.

I have written this mini-review of Terry Pratchett's Discworld novels to enable people to have a quick point of reference as to what each book is about and, in my opinion, how good it is.

For completeness, I have listed all his non-Discworld books too.

I have included references to an article on the Discworld itself and a review of of his non-Discworld books.


A523595 - The Works Of Terry Pratchett

Post 2

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

It's a minor niggle but you might like to hear it.

I disagree with some of your personal ratings of the books. I like all of the Discworld novels (not neglecting the fact that there is now a *new* one out "Thief of Time" - last week I think! smiley - smiley)
I especially enjoy the "Death" series and thought the 6/10 mark for Hogfather and the Low mark for Reaper Man were a wee bit harsh, compared to things like Interesting Times! I know you said that these were only you own opinions but I think it highlights the essential thing about books is that diferent people will like and enjoy different things about them. Perhaps ommitting the ratings scale but broadening out the descriptions of the books might make the entry better and more accessible to read.

Clive smiley - smiley


A523595 - The Works Of Terry Pratchett

Post 3

Aurora (Muse au Chocolat; Muse of Fancy Footwear and Seraph of High Heels)

Clive, I agree with you!
I think rating the DW books is near impossible as everybody likes something else about each book.
For example I didn't like "Carpe Jugulum" too much but a lot of fans liked it a lot... .

BTW, did you read the "Thief of time"? I just read it and I think it was great!!! One of the best!!!

Aurora smiley - zoom


A523595 - The Works Of Terry Pratchett

Post 4

[...]


I LOVED THEIF OF TIME...


LU-TZE AND HIS 'WAY' REMINDED ME OF YODA....

NOT TO MENTION THE DOUBLE MEANING TITLE....


A523595 - The Works Of Terry Pratchett

Post 5

[...]


B----R... I SPELT THIEF INCORRECTLY....


OH WELL...FOR PROPER SPELLING, READ MY MARVELLOUS AND FANTASTIC 'FRAGMENTED' STORY!!!!!!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more