A Conversation for h2g2 FAQ: Moderation

Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 1

Alfredo

Here you can read my entry that's been, uh, "hidden".

If you can guess what the reason is, you win fifty dollars and can mail me at my hotmail account alfredomagic.

I am not at home know, so I cannot read the orders.

The first one who mentions their reason will get the full prize.

I will shown their e-mail here, at this talking point.

The price is even higher, because 50 euro is 65 dollars.


Well, it takes a lót of creativity to keep it exiting over here.


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 2

Alfredo



Hey there, ,
nice you're dropping by !


It's me Alfredo To join life here,I really want to write freely in English. I hope I'll can in the time to come, because when I watch T.V., I mainly watch BBC-2 and BBC-World, although I live at the other side of the Channel, in Amsterdam,The Netherlands*. .


Since 1990 I live on my own again, in an historical neighbourhood of our Capital.
Alfredo, 1951, is a rather poëtic person. Worked a long time as a social worker with young persons from 16 to 23; in the streets, in prisons, in schools, etc. Was also involved (1990-'95), in social care for victims of W.W.-II.

Since 2000, I write personal stories and lyrics. For me it is a way of expressing my emotions, creating order in my mind and trying to find sense in (my own) history. But by sháring it here, with you, I hope to create more value. At h2g2 my Journal and those of others are the most important for me. Besides this, I also join BBC-Collective and BBC-Points of View , but áll my postings come together, here, in the left column "Conversations". I'm also a volunteer in a real theatrical childrencircus<SMILEY TYPE="dragon"/>by children and for children. Their pleisure is our main goal ánd their personal development (conquering fears, changing limits, learning circusskills, etc.).In some way, I'm the biggest child <SMILEY TYPE="rainbow"/> in that circus, because in the nineties I discovered my great affinity with the magical world of young children (as my h2g2-pictures here illustrate).



For me, this childrencircus is like a painting of the Spanish artist Miró that has come to life.Miró made - after 1925 - many joyful and magical paintings and sculptures, as you can see at Miró Museum Barcelona.(click at the yellow painting = "Obra" = his works).
A same kind of joy I experienced in my youth by the music of The Beatles. And now, these days around 2005, also by watching the sky at night and by flying my kite
,ánd also by creating acryl sketches.
I share some of these too at a special h2g2 website, created in March 2005 by Mudhooks. It is made especially for h2g2 members and the album is called "Gallery 42", or "h2g2 Friends (Art) Album", or
Main Gallery. Hope to meet you there too, because "we welcome all works created from the heart !".







As you know, we all can read each others Journals.
Of course, that includes mine (I started in september 2002).
But according to what this H2G2 site says, I don't primarily "jot things down I want to discuss".
Visitors are invited to read and react, but "discussing" is not my main goal. "Sharing" would be a far better word in my case.
Feel free to do so and don't be ashamed of ánything!
If you click at Alfredo's Journal List you'll find a complete summary of just all my Journal Entries. They contain a great variety of subjects and personal impressions. Some are autobiographic stories , like "Searching and meeting a prior love after thirty years" and "Johnson,the Captain", etc, etc. My "emotional journal" is almost hidden and increases by my own replies ("getting in touch"). The complete list of Journals is nót chronological. Because of replies from readers- like you -they keep changing places.

And finally; if you would like to share something, you can also use Alfredo's message centre. (use there the button down,"new conversation")




I sincerely hope that this introduction will be the beginning of a long and inspiring<SMILEY TYPE="star"/> journey for you and me, in our digital world aswell as in the colourful physical.
(P.S. Anyone can feel and think whatever they want because of what I - and others - write, but if someone feels the need to be rude, a Journal Entry is never the place to give it fuell.)


Greetings from Alfredo.


Time Out Guide of Amsterdam* and Amsterdam(see"English site")
Hopefully you'll find here something that you'll enjoy.
*(although all tourist guides have their clichés about ány country)




Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 3

Alfredo


write your choice in a reply, so anybody can see about who was right, etc.


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 4

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Please note - the h2g2 staff will not discuss individual moderation issues here. If you wish to discuss moderation of your account, you can email the team at h2g2.feedback AT bbc.co.uk, where a teammember will be on-hand to answer your queries.

When emailing the team, you will need to supply your account number and any other relevant information. Emails are replied to during normal working hours, Monday to Friday. Though we try to reply the same day, the volume of emails we receive means that this is not always possible. We ask that you remain patient while we are dealing with your enquiries.


Traveller in Time smiley - tit reading the above
"Literally what it says smiley - erm

Your Personal Space is hidden.

You are active on several boards.

The only things I can imagine to be yikesable
-the use of the viewer tag, the yikeser did see their own name and presumes you are a stalker smiley - weird
-you give some personal information as is advised not to.

But indeed that is about it. There is an odd chance someone discovered that your page viewed with a certain width containes a message in the seventh colom of characters that can be assumed to be a swear word.

Do ont ask me, I only know one smiley - biggrin. "


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 5

Alfredo




well, it feels like coming home and seeing the door locked by others with a note; change your garden before you can return home.

There is no formal notification with a timetable.

No; just ........uh, hide the entry and then he will uh.....do whatever we want.
But my aim was not discussing with moderaters, because discussing - or even wárning - is clearly not their way of moderating a healthy forum.It's more like the structure/policy of the Vatican.


It's a mechanical way of moderating.

An overdosis of force, saying; first acting forcefully and pressing on and leave the choice to the writer of the personal entry to leave or obey.

.

Amsterdam clearly is a different place than London.

I'm glad I am where I am.




Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 6

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit counting the number of words
"Perhaps you used the wrong number of words ?

The only option to find out is to reply to the email, reread the entry and if nobody really can find anything wrong perhaps just press the edit and update (the entry will appear as it was before).

I had an entry on GetWriting where we (Site Host and myself) had to examine it over and over again before we could find and agree to what the problem was smiley - weird. "


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 7

SEF

A binary chop would have been more efficient.


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 8

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit on his head
"smiley - huh

Good for finding unexpected character combinations with instant feedback. Not for finding one of the linked sites got behind a password, and was excluded in linking to.
My guess was the work became too long (max 3000 words) it was, depending on how you count them, somewhere between 2000 and 6000.

However non of this can be the case with this Personal Space (I have read it before and not even found anything merely on the edge).

By the way are you (SEF) aware your Personal Space conatains many 'bad links' ? "


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 9

Alfredo


Tomorrow evening I'll see what the vatican has decided.
Because than I can read my e-mail,

actions like this get the devil out of me.

The ónly thing that really bugs me, is the procedure; suddenly pushing a researcher aside and he may return if he bows fully for the Vatican.

My suggestion is; first informing and warning and by not reacting properly one's entry will be hidden.

I am not interested in discussions with moderators.
They are doing their job = hiding Entries.
I am interested in what other researchers have experienced in cases like this and what they think about the procedure = their sudden use of power before any warning.

Anyhow; one can still earn fifty dollars.
I'll copy their e-mail in this topic.


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 10

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Interesting, takes me back a couple of years my page self edited its self, vanished completly well to me that was, think other viewers could see it, turn out to be a errent bit of code for "dont panic screenblock"

Never had a comprehensable reply from moderators, without really pushing them though, still cant understand why a perfectly good poem was pulled.

As to your page may one of css feeds on your links or positioning interfering when viewed in one of the vast array of page layouts still useing java based code.



Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 11

SEF

> By the way are you (SEF) aware your Personal Space conatains many 'bad links' ? "

Are you referring to the way the MB's suppress the U-number page? In which case the links do still work to inform people of that and also provide each sub-site skin's framework with its own various links to follow.


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 12

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Your current Personal Page is unfortunately not compatible with the archive because it contains non-standard xml. Even though it works perfectly on DNA, it will not display properly....


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 13

SEF

> "unfortunately not compatible with the archive"

Which archive is that? Note that any XML for the page is generated by the BBC. I only used GuideML and real HTML.


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 14

Alfredo

So inside h2g2 there's also a bureaucratic/technocratic universe, I conclude

With the worst imaginably ingrediënt; lack of humor.


May the sun shine upon all of us.


Make your choice and earn fifty dollars

Post 15

Alfredo

It seems, that my entry has been freed by whatever/whoever.


Murphy, were are you hiding ? ..............


Key: Complain about this post