A Conversation for h2g2 FAQ: Moderation

San Diego Surfing A599051

Post 1

EcoTony

I have rechecked the links in this entry (including purging the internet & disk caches prior to linking), and they work. Please try again.

Thank you.

URL of content (now removed):
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A599051

Subject:
San Diego Surfing

Guide Entry:


SAN DIEGO SURFING

San Diego is a great place in California to surf. We generally have good surf all year. We enjoy larger surf in the winter, with swells traveling down from Alaska and Artic Circle. In the summer, we have our larger swells push in from storms that form around New Zealand and the southern hemisphere. If we are lucky, there are hurricanes that form around Southern Mexico and Central America that move westerly that can give us LARGE surf. However, rarely is our surf as large as you would find in Hawaii.


A good place to see the surf forcast is from [URL removed by moderator] They are really good at knowing what's going to be hitting in the next few days. Another site to check out is [URL removed by moderator] this is a live Java camera from Pacific Beach that pans up and down the beach to a number of breaks (PB Point/Tourmaline, Law Street, and The Pier). These also have other camera locations to checkout.

A few things to remember when you go out into the surf. Don't drop in on people. That is, don't try and catch a wave that someone else is already riding, unless they invite you on or it's your best friend. Watch the locals. Watch the people who look like they know what's going on, and ask them for some tips/information. Make friends with them and they will help you find your way around the lineup and around town. Maybe even invite you to a party.


Other Sites to Check Out:

[URLs removed by moderator]






San Diego Surfing A599051

Post 2

Peta

Hi Tony

You can put your own page back up again. Under the heading, 'most recent guide entries' you'll see a link that says 'see more Guide entries'. Click on the link and you'll see a heading that says 'Cancelled entries' - your surf page will be there. All you do is edit the page yourself and it'll spring right back up again. If you have any problem doing this, then just let me know. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

San Diego Surfing A599051

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more