A Conversation for Anime

Rules of anime

Post 21

Sonic

From what I have seen, something that really bugs me is that in anime series (Dragonball Z, Sailor Moon, ect.), at the height of a cliffhanger, the people who dub the series stop dubbing it, leaving us Americans in the darkness. It really bugs me.


Rules of anime

Post 22

Original Jackrabbit (OJR)

Hmmmm... I have found this too with things such as Blue Sonnet.


Rules of anime

Post 23

Commissar Spaulding

also, in most of the children's anime that seem to be running in america, there is a talking cat-like thing. Somehow, there is ALWAYS a talking catlike thing.


Rules of anime

Post 24

BurntUmber

all 'good' characters must have round (anglo?) eyes, all evil ones eyes narrowed and slanted.....?!


Rules of anime

Post 25

Lady Alethea Blackpool

Problem with rule #1, 'The Slayers'. None of the female magic users have silver hair.


Problems with the Rules of anime

Post 26

This Here Giraffe

Well quite apart from the fact that most of these rules are actually from ther Rules of Hollywood cinema. Unfortunately most of them are simply stereotypes based on a few anime series, and fail to represent the broader scene.


Rules of anime

Post 27

Daemon of Ego

You foolish , foolish mortals. Once again , foolish mortals. I would go on for pages about how foolish you mortals truely , truely are , but you foolish mortals would soon get bored and look at something else. Anyway , there is already a website with a list of rules of anime. http://www.abcb.com/laws/index.htm


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more