A Conversation for Hypotheticon, a Glasgow Science Fiction Convention

True facts

Post 1

Researcher 169669

First of all Munchkin should get his facts correct.
Hypotheticon was started by me bullying Smurf and Smurf being daft enough to be bullied. A couple of the people on the committee did know famous people which is why we DID have guests at the con ie Maggie and Eric initially, Anne and Stan the next time. The artifical guests where a cheep joke that has become a feature of the cons. They in fact where suggested to us by some very well known people.Also at leats one member of the committee was fairly experienced in con running which is why I started smoffing others. now Hypotheticon has built up to a small but popular con which is the basis for future conrunning in Scotland. In otherwords a long time smof plan comming to fruition.
I'm sure Munchkin can beg forgiveness for his lapse of historical accuracy when we next hold a worldcon at Glasgow (hopefullly in 05)

Sparks


True facts

Post 2

Munchkin

I'm always happy to have my memory corrected by such a smof as yourself. Oh, and I've changed it to Science Fiction. Hopefully it will actually attract some punters in the next wee while smiley - smiley


True facts

Post 3

Researcher 169669

Well and good you can beg forgiveness at Eboracon by buying my smofness a pint smiley - smiley



Sparks


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Hypotheticon, a Glasgow Science Fiction Convention

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more