Silver Sword - Character Creation Center

0 Conversations

smiley - Welcome to the Silver Sword Character Creation Center!smiley - The Rhyme of Elements:

"Heed ye now this rhyme of sages,

Handed down through countless ages.

Lightning, Shadow, Water, Fire.

Choose thou well, thy need tis dire.

Water floods, Fire roars.

Shadow lurks, Lightning soars."

To create a character you must answer the following minimum questions:
Is your new character male or female?
Which element?
(Lightning, Shadow, Water or Fire?)
Which race?
(smiley - Halfling, smiley - Elf, smiley - Terran, smiley - Dwarf or smiley - Giant?)
Which class?
(smiley - Warrior, smiley - Thief, smiley - Wizard or smiley - Elementalist?)
What is your character's name?

Then, if you choose, you can customize optional information like Special Abilities and you can write short character descriptions. Or just leave those fields blank for now and start roleplaying right away!
smiley - smiley - Tip: The default brainless brute strength orientation is "Male Fire Giant Warrior." Giants can only be Warriors, and Halflings canoot be Warriors.
smiley - pirateAt the present time, the abilities and services of Warriors are in huge demand! Anyone who signs up as a Warrior right now is practically guaranteed a powerful position. This is a limited time offer! Take this into consideration when choosing a character.

Sign Up


Post with the syntax below when trying to create a new character. Please make sure your new character's information is not in conflict with the information in this article. Signing up here will get your character added to the Players List as soon as possible.

Hi, I want to join!
[h2g2 U-number]:
[Character Name]:
[Gender]:
[Element]:
[Race]:
[Class]:
[Optional Special/Magic Abilities]:
[Optional Character Description]:

Names


Most people like to choose original fantasy-warrior type names. If you choose a name somebody else already has, or is already the name of an NPC (Non-Player-Character) it might not be allowed.

Elements


There are four elements in this game. Lightning, Shadow, Water and Fire.



These elements have more to do with your personality than any sort of destructive power. It is said there are four kinds of people, ones who get angry easily (Fire), ones who are more passive and more often kind (Water), ones who try to be the life of the party and always say what are on their minds (Lightning) and ones who are more seclusive and quiet. (Shadow) These don't need to be your *real* personality, this affects your character's personality.

Races


There are five races in this game. They are listed here, for the benefit of people who have no idea what elves, dwarves, and hobbits ect. are. For those people, I suggest checking out the Lord of the Rings. You can look up anything in the Lord of the Rings at the Encyclopedia Arda. Other information on fantasy in general is availible in the Encyclopedia Frobozzica which covers everything you'd ever want to know, and then some, about the countries in Zork, known as the Lands of Quendor.

smiley - Hobbits / Halflings


Mortal. Life expectancy: 130-200

(Not very strong, somewhat agile, very clever)

Hobbits are short in stature, generally around two to four feet tall, which is why they are also known as Halflings. They are a simple people, who dig holes to live in, called hobbit-holes. Hobbits are always hungry, they love to eat more than anything else. Most hobbits never wear shoes, even in the rain, but naturally have thick leathery soles on their feet which allow them to move about even on burning sand or when it's snowing without their feet getting hurt or cold. Hobbits cannot equip footwear. The hobbits of this game are not excessively hairy, and have pointed ears like elves. Legends say they descended from halfbreeds of mortal men and fairies, and that the forces of Darkness created Imps to mock them.

smiley - Elves


Immortal.

(Somewhat strong, very agile, somewhat clever)

Elves, wise and fair, look forever young, yet are as old as the trees and the rivers they love so dearly. Ever since time has been recorded, the Elves have been there, singing and tending to the forest animals. Physically, Elves have pointy ears, do not have facial hair, are quite tall, the same size as humans, but seem much taller due to their slimness, and are usually blond. They are savage fighters, both with spell and sword, but not as strong as humans. Elves cannot equip copper, it burns them like acid and can be very painful, but the burns usually go away immediately after the copper is removed. Magic items of elven make are the best money can buy, and the Elves are also famous toymakers. Elves are great jokers, and dwarves seem to always make them laugh without meaning to. This makes the dwarves very angry which in turn angers the elves and situations like that can start ugly brawls, so look out. Legends say that the forces of Darkness created Orcs to mock them.

smiley - Terrans / Mortal Men / Humans


Mortal. Life expectancy: 65-100

(Average in all respects)

Mortal Men are the Great Race of Kings. They have the shortest lifespans, but make great leaders and heroes, such as King Aurthur and his Knights of the Round Table. The other races call them warmongerers because humans are usually the first to fight, but they don't realize that the temporary rule of an evil tyrant to an elf, means a lifetime of bondage for a human. They may, or may not have facial hair. Humans are completely average, and are recommended to anyone who does not care which race they choose. Legends say that the forces of Darkness will one day either entirely posess this race, or be defeated by it.

smiley - Dwarves


Mortal. Life expectancy: 400-500

(Very strong, somewhat agile, somewhat clever)

Dwarves love and craft precious gems and metals of all sorts, and are great worksmiths. They live underground seeking gnome treasure and come to the surface seeking adventure. They manufacture precious and elaborate suits of mail, and craft gleaming axes with blades of true-silver. These items seldom leave the underground homes of the Dwarves, but there are stories of heroes who have done some great service in receiving such a gift. Dwarves usually have beards, and are smaller than elves and men but larger than hobbits, but are stronger than all three. Dwarves do not like elves, they are envious of the fact that elves know more magic, and that elves laugh at their beards. Legends say the forces of Darkness created Goblins to mock them.

smiley - Giants


Immortal.

(Extremely strong, not very agile, not very clever)

Giants are the only immortal race other than elves. They are best known for their enourmous size and for chanting "Fee fi fo fum!" They make excellent Warriors, but lousy Thieves, and Wizards, as they are also known for being extremely stupid and clumsy. But with an axe or hammer, there is no race more powerful. Giants cannot carry small objects, like darts. Many giants have beards, and choose to live in huge secluded castles and sleep for a hundred years at a time. Legends say the forces of Darkness created Trolls to mock them.

Non-Playable Races


These are merely put here for purposes of information, to help you understand the worlds in which this game is played. This will be updated as the story develops.

smiley - Gribbleys and Imps


(non-playable character)

Gribbleys, identified by their calls of "Gribbley, gribbley, gribbley!" are similar to Gremlins, and they spend all their time following people around and won't go away. Then, as soon as you want them, and you really need them to be there, they're nowhere to be found. Gribbleys will eat all your food if they can get at it, and if you arm them, they may fight with you in battle. Anyone who kills a Gribbley is immediately attacked by it's Fairy Godmother for being a mean and cruel person. Certain elven wizards have power over Gribbleys and have the ability to exchange one Gribbley for another, and some even a Gribbley for an Imp, but it is impossible to make a Gribbley go away without being replaced by somehting. Legends say Gribbleys descended from hobbits and dwarves.

Imps look much like Gribbleys, and are the weakest form of monster. Any damage immediately kills them. Legends say Imps are servants of the creators of the world, who used them in battle tests.

smiley - Fairies


They might not sound like much, but fairies are the real masters of magic. The elves wouldn't have a clue if it wasn't for them. They have a strange ability to change their size and other's back and forth from normal human size to less than an inch tall! Most have wings that appear and disappear, some like dragonflies, some like butterflies. Birdlike wings indicates an angel, which are another race altogether, not to be confused with faries. Another race fairies are not to be confused with is their mortal enimies, the Gnomes. The infamously bloody Fairy-Gnome Wars were one of the most violent conflicts in the history of the Universe - and now nobody remembers how it all got started. Huge lightning-quick battles followed long periods of peace. It is thought that the quarrels between fairies and gnomes, like those between elves and dwarves, will never be resolved.

smiley - Gnomes


Gnomes are the masters of treasure and wealth. They control all the precious metals and gems below the earth. They are usually about a foot tall. Some of their furnaces are hotter even than those of the Dark Lord Sauron himself once were. Like fairies, they are seldom seen, but that is the only way in which they are like fairies. Gnomes are mighty warriors, most of whom know little of magic. They may be small, but don't get on their bad side.

smiley - Dragons


Immortal.

Dragons are the most powerful of all the known living races. They are great lizards - some are intelligent. Some can fly. The scales of a dragon are like armor, and are extremely hard to penitrate. The stomach and breath of a dragon is so strong that it can eat anything - including your weapons. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

smiley - Implementors


The Implementors are the subject of much religious and philosophical discussion. Ancient legends tell of the creation of the world by these Implementors, who directed the running of great engines (computers) which produced this world and others strange and wondrous, as a test or puzzle for others of their kind. These legends go on to state that these beings stand ready to aid those entrapped within their creation. It is known that the Implementors are a race of minor deities who dwell in a strange realm known only as "the Void". Implementors do not discourage the legends that the world was created by them as a plaything, but the idea has been hotly criticized by the magician-philosopher Helfax, who says "A creation of this kind is morally and logically indefensible, and the theory is colossal claptrap and kludgery."

Classes

smiley - No Class


(not very strong, not very agile, not very intelligent)

You do need a class if you want to have any fun here. Otherwise your job will be cleaning up after everybody else.

smiley - Warrior / Fighter


(very strong, average agility, very little magic)

Do it the old fashioned way by beating on your opponents as the weapons-master fighter, woodsman ranger, holy paladin or savage barbarian. Everybody likes a big guy with a sword - or else. This class is very powerful and in huge demand!

smiley - Thief


(average strength, extremely agile, not much magic)

Like being sneaky? Try your hand at the trade of Robin Hood and the Artful Dodger - stealing!

smiley - Wizard


(not very strong, not very agile, good at magic)

Brains over bron. Ever wanted to have magical powers? Now you can! Play as a well-rounded mage, or become a specialist in a particular field of magic.

smiley - Elementalist


(cannot use Special Abilities)

Elementalists use their element, not their weapons, strength, speed or cleverness, to accomplish their goals. Elementalists are basically wizards who have never been trained in the discipline of spellcasting but rather developed their abilities on their own. As such their powers were attained through natural talent rather than learned and practiced skill. Most Elementalists are able to preform one, or maybe two "spells" if that is what they can be called, but those few are far more powerful than those cast by wizards.

They are affected by their surrounding environments, like for instance, Water Elementalists can't stand sitting near a campfire, Fire Elementalists fear drowning and can't swim, Shadow Elementalists hate bright lights and Lightning Elementalists are afraid of the dark. But also they react positively to their own home turf, because Water Elementalists can breath underwater and can't freeze to death, Fire Elementalists are perfectly comfortable sitting in a fire or swimming in lava, Lightning Elementalists can't be shocked or electrocuted and Shadow Elementalists can see in the dark. When fighting an Elementalist, it's best to use magic attacks of their opposing element, because destructive spells similar to their own element quite often end up healing instead of destroying them.

The effects of taking on an element affects Elementalist personalities fourfold compared to other classes. These strange, rare, specially gifted individuals can be a great asset or a terrible burden to an adventuring party, depending on where their fortunes take them.

Special Abilities


Special Abilities are what your character is good at. Because everybody can't be good at everything, it is strongly recommended that you choose no more than two special abilities or magics from this list, though it is possible to choose three. The problem, however, is that the more abilities your character has, the less talented he or she will be in each area. A specialist who only chooses one special ability can often best someone who tries to stretch their character's abilities to the limit.

smiley - Warrior and smiley - Thief Abilities


Abilities are somewhat freestyle. As long as your new ability is okay with the Dungeon Master, (me) and you are still technically under one of the above classes, you can make up new abilities, and sometime they might even be listed here!
smiley - Dragoon Ability: Jump high up into the clouds, take a good look around and then attack with double damage on landing. Sometimes called "Acrobatics."
smiley - Barbarian Ability: Preform "Rage" attacks, which can really beat somebody up. Only for Warriors.
smiley - smiley - Bard Ability: Make music to charm monsters.
smiley - Ninja Ability: Move about quickly and hit skillfully.
smiley - Ranger Ability: Track people/things in the wilderness.
smiley - Assasin Ability: Cross enemy lines, attack from the rear, and get back again. Many people dislike and fear assasins even more than thieves generally. Only for Thieves.

smiley - Magic


There are several types of Magic your wizard (for only wizards use true magic) can specialize in. This does not limit your wizard to only using this type of Magic, but it shows where his/her real talents and interests in Magic are. Only wizards can use these types of Special Abilities, and these are the only Special Abilities availible to wizards.

smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - Black Magic is destructive, used to kill enimies. Basic Black spells include Fire, Ice, Bolt and Poison.

smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - smiley - White Magic can only help and heal. Basic White spells include Cure, (for stopping and completely healing open wounds and diseases) Heal, (for removing all foriegn objects from wounds) Antidote, (for stopping most poisons) and Ressurect. (which brings fallen party members back from the dead.)

smiley - smiley - Red Magic is using music to charm people and monsters. Often Red Mages know some elementary Black and White spells as well.

smiley - Gray Magic is the making of illusions, which fool people into thinking things are there when they are really not, or into thinking things are not there when they really are.

smiley - Green Magic, also called Summoning, is the ability to call up certain monsters from wherever they happen to be to fight for you in battles.

smiley - Yellow Magic is the art of putting magic into objects, such as the making of magical rings or swords. Many merchants employ or become professional Yellow Mages. On a quest, a yellow mage is in charge of supplies, and is able to use items better, make items last longer, and scan items for magical properties.

smiley - smiley - Blue Magic, which is often criticized by wise wizards for being "trash magic", is gaining the ability to cast a weaker version of most spells you see cast simply by seeing it cast by someone else.

smiley - Purple Magic, also called Time or Dimensional Magic, is being able to manipulate the Space/Time Continium to teleport things, speed things up, slow things up, or maybe even blow things up! Who knows, who cares?

This article will continue to expand as the game expands. Good luck!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A5056913

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more