A Conversation for Talking Point: h2g2 Front Page Changes

Is our origin clear?

Post 1

Teasswill

H2G2 is a familiar term to devotees, but nowhere on the front page that I can see are the words"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy". Should there be a more obvious indicator of the site's origins?

With external links, I think there should be an indication if registration is required to use these sites. I wouldn't bother to go to a site that required me to register even to view anything.


Is our origin clear?

Post 2

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

I agree. Even though I have been absent (through no fault of my own, but that is a completely different story) for nine years now, I beleive that h2g2 is for hootoos only, and we do not want to be diverted away to various exteranious sites, which would mean us inventing various new 'names' and 'passwords', and causing us all mucho 'brain pain' in the meantime. If it was brought to a vote, then I would vote, NO!!!

'g'
smiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more