A Conversation for Talking Point: Getting Over the Festivities

Hangover Cures

Post 1

Go-Go Girl

One of the most effective ways I have found of banishing a hangover is to drink one of the following concotions:-

1. For those who like a little spice, this is a very powerful 'potion',

1 large pint glass of Clamato juice (i.e. clam and tomato juice mixed together), the juices of two freshly squeezed limes and a good helping of Tabasco. This never fails to 'kickstart' the system and make you feel ALIVE!


2. Try the combined, freshly squeezed, juices of pear, apple and ginger. Take 1 apple, 1 pear and about 2 inches of fresh ginger and juice in a juicer (of course). This makes a very deliciuos and nutritious thick frothy drink with just the right amount of 'bite' from the ginger, which also helps to settle the stomach and dispel any nausea.


Hangover Cures

Post 2

JOCAPOH/maniac mansion rules ok

how about some things to take before you go to bed to prevent the hangover?


Hangover Cures

Post 3

fartyboredfast

Less beer!!!!!!!!


Hangover Cures

Post 4

Go-Go Girl

Quite right...I was talking here about 'cures', not 'preventions'. We all know that drinking litres of water and taking aspirin before you tumble into bed helps prevent that 'morning after' feeling, but, in all honestly, how many people in a state of 'inebriety' remember to do this before passing out at bed-time?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more