A Conversation for Talking Point: Getting Over the Festivities

Hangover

Post 1

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

The best cure for a hangover is prevention. One of the main problems with drinking too much is the dehydrating effect of alcohol. So, to counter this effect, after a serious drinking session, it may be wise to drink at least a pint of water before going to bed.

However, if you still wake up feeling rough, treat yourself to a big breakfast. It will help mop up any alcohol that is still floating around, and also gives you (and your body) a good start to the day - plenty of energy to help ypu recover!


Hangover

Post 2

Peta

For a minute there I thought you meant prevention, as in preventing people from drinking. Whilst this would certainly work, it wouldn't be much fun would it? smiley - sadface

The drinking water thing certainly seems to help. Those sachets of 'Resolve" work pretty well too, they've got rehydration salts and glucose in them. The Ed team swear by them.... smiley - winkeye


Hangover

Post 3

Leanne (ACE and Scout)

Fry up's definatly the best cure smiley - hangover its our tradition that after a night out we all meet up the next morning for a greasy fry up, not all of us are a pretty sight or up for it when we get there and the smell of it cooking turns your stomache a bit but afterwards you feel 100% and its time to start drinking again smiley - alesmiley - drunk

My friend drinks Red Bull or Irn Bru to get over his hangover smiley - sadface thats fine if you wasnt drinking it the night before with vodka smiley - ill


Hangover

Post 4

Cheshirecatgeisha

As it happens, I got totally stoned on New Years, drinking rum, champagne, red wine and tequila. So the next day the father of my friend where we had celebrated talked me into drinking some tequila, referring to the saying "to fight the devil with Belzeebub". Well, I felt better for a while but then continued puking all day and felt bad until tuesday evening. Like last year, when I come to think about it...
Eating some greasy food BEFORE you start drinking is something I have experienced as positive.
Shalom. CCG.


Hangover

Post 5

Cheshirecatgeisha

As it happens, I got totally stoned on New Years, drinking rum, champagne, red wine and tequila. So the next day the father of my friend where we had celebrated talked me into drinking some tequila, referring to the saying "to fight the devil with Belzeebub". Well, I felt better for a while but then continued puking all day and felt bad until tuesday evening. Like last year, when I come to think about it...
Eating some greasy food BEFORE you start drinking is something I have experienced as positive.
Shalom. CCG.


Hangover

Post 6

Leanne (ACE and Scout)

When I go out I tend to drink mainly in the pubs and when I get to the nightclub I drink bottled water as alcohol dehydrates you and I have a something to eat like a chicken burger and chips. Then go do a bit of dancing and by time I leave to go home I feel fine and wake up without a hangover.


Hangover

Post 7

Jimi X

Drinking water helps and for some reason, so does eating a big dish of ice cream before going to sleep. My brother thinks the ice cream replaces sugars or something...

But it's helpful and yummy at the same time. smiley - smiley


Hangover

Post 8

Leanne (ACE and Scout)

I couldnt eat anything sweet :-p just the sweet sickly smell would make me smiley - ill


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more