A Conversation for Human Prejudices Part 1

Flea Market: A492806 - (ANTHR.)HUMAN PREJUDICE

Post 1

Ocellus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/a492806

CRITISCISMS ARE WELCOME, NOT MANDATORY. I PREFER THEM TO BE ON THE SUBJECT OF THE ESSAY (I.E. NOT GRAMMAR RELATED, ETC.)FROM PEOPLE WITH SOME DEGREE OF EXPIERENCE WITH ANTHROPOLOGY OR ATLEAST A HOBBYIST WITH KNOWLEDGE ON IT. THE ESSAY IS COMPLETELY MY THEORIES, SO NO BIBLIOGRAPHY IS NEEDED AS OF YET. ANY ARGUMENTS ON THE SUBJECT BY A FELLOW RESEARCHER THAT I CHOOSE TO INCLUDE IN THE ENTRY WILL BE DUELLY RECOGNIZED. IT COULD TAKE ANYTHING FROM 5 MONTHS TO A YEAR TILL THE FINAL PRODUCT. PLEASE DO NOT RECOMMEND TO PEER CRITISCISM, KEEP IN MIND THAT THE ESSAY IS COMPLETELY PRELIMINARY AND WILL HAVE UP TO 10 TO 20 CHAPTERS OF ABOUT 10 TO 20 PARAGRAPHS EACH, EDITING WILL BE TO EXTREMES AND THE FINAL PRODUCT WILL BARE LITTLE TO NO RESEMBELENCE TO ITS CURRENT STATE. THANK YOU.


A492806-(ANTHR.)HUMAN PREJUDICE

Post 2

xyroth

If this is going to be as big as you suggest, then there are a number of things you might want to consider.
1, Is it worth all of the effort. If not, then a smaller, tighter entry might be better.
2, Is h2g2 the best place for it. You might want to put it on your own website, and just have an introduction page on h2g2.
3, After all of that work, will you want to publish it. If so, you might want to consider working on it off line, becauseas has been mentioned in other threads, most publishers want exclusive copyright, and being published on h2g2 will stop you from having that.

If after considering those points, you want to continue having it on h2g2, or want to have it on your own web site, you mightwant to consider splitting it up, as having it as one gigantic page will perhaps give you problems with your software. (some of mine started to play up after 20K, and this project sounds a lot bigger than that).

Still, I wish you luck in your endeavor. smiley - smiley


A492806-(ANTHR.)HUMAN PREJUDICE

Post 3

Ocellus

Yes right, maybe I should talk to an administrator before following through with such an endeavor. Publishing at this time is not a priority and as good as my vocabulary may be it would be quite naive and not to mention pompous of me to think I could at the age of eighteen.

thank you kindly,
Ocellus


A492806-(ANTHR.)HUMAN PREJUDICE

Post 4

xyroth

Nothing wrong with wanting to be published when you are young.
And if you plan to do the project in the level you suggest, you might be able toget it counted towards a degree. smiley - winkeye


A492806-(ANTHR.)HUMAN PREJUDICE

Post 5

Ocellus

Counted toward a degree?smiley - wow
So what you are saying is, I would use the unpublished work as my thesis and publish it upon graduation? Is that what you mean? Sounds like a good idea to me!
My trouble right now is that I'm just about to enter the United States Air Force (I live in Nevada) to work as an Electronics Tech. Once I am free and clear I'm going to go to college on thier penny, probably to master in something like networking or, again, electronics. I might possibly minor in an intellectual field on the side of my trade once I finish with my major, more than likely Anthropology and Psych. Maybe I will major on both sides? Don't know yet.
I can always work on this piece until then.
Oh and thanks for the link to the page with the legal mumbo, it certainly helps to know ones standing.

simple spotted brain storm,
Ocellussmiley - pirate


Conversation Moved

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved to the new 'Flea Market' Forum.

This is where we move any Peer Review, Writing Workshop or Alternative Writing Workshop Conversations where the original author has *not* posted to h2g2 for three months. This prevents the active Review Forums from clogging up with dormant entries, but in the Flea Market they can be picked up by others and polished off.


PRETTY PLEASe

Post 7

Ocellus

I haven't been able to work on my stuff for awhile simply for other preoccupations. I would very much appreciate it if you'd take this piece OUT of Flea Market. I really don't want anyone else working on this without my sayso.
thank you
Ocellussmiley - pirate


Pretty Please

Post 8

World Service Memoryshare team

Hi Ocellus,

No one else can work on your copy, even if it is in the Flea Market, but perhaps the best place for feedback on your entry on human prejudice would be the Writing Workshop? Go to the Flea Market at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/RF4 and click on the 'Remove' link next to your entry. It might also be worth ticking the box next to 'Not for Review' when you next go to edit it so that so that another Researcher doesn't Recommend it.

Hope that helps!

smiley - smiley Anna


danx

Post 9

Ocellus

Hi Anna,
Thank you for taking the time to help me out. I will do exactly as you've recommended.
Much Appreciated,
Ocellussmiley - pirate
Qoud Erat Demonstradum


danx

Post 10

World Service Memoryshare team

No problem smiley - ok


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more