A Conversation for Abbreviations

Acronyms

Post 1

The Wisest Fool

Acronyms are just as bad. All those words whose initial letters spell out another word.
I don't mind the concept in itself, but it's all the bastards who cheat and use letters in the middle of words, miss out some words or whatever, just to get their rancid little acronym in there.
Well, it's ANother Kind of pERSonality-free torture.


Acronyms

Post 2

parlau

T here
I s no need
T o use bad langwidge here!


Acronyms

Post 3

The Wisest Fool

A thousand pardons.
Or a picture of a pardon, which is worth the same.
I got a bit too tired and emotional about a subject that doesn't deserve it.
I shall, in future, try my hardest to be an upstanding researcher.


Acronyms

Post 4

parlau

I was not trying to correct you just wanted to be a show-off with a vertical "acronym" !
No offence meant.
AG


Acronyms

Post 5

:-)

Read the letters below and understand...
IMTDSNINVU
This is not true....
Acronyms are RA or Really Annoying.
As I sit at my PC using a WP to type this document
into the PC's RAM and use the FPU to calculate many variables
at once. Honest...


Acronyms

Post 6

parlau

I know I am dim, could you elucidate please. I gave up after seeing that it wasnt Monday, Tuesday Wed.... etc!

AG


Acronyms

Post 7

TowelMaster

It means 'I am tedious and I envy you'. Yeah and then you have to check if you have enough MIPS because maybe you need some more ROM or perhaps a new PC with a PIII with an 8-speed CD-R and a SCSI-card and...And..AND...

OH MY BOB...I feel a headache coming up


Acronyms

Post 8

parlau

After a bottle of elixir (Licher Pilsner beer actually) I managed your MENSA test quite nicely.

TTFN

AG



Acronyms

Post 9

Briktal Swiftsword

On one episode of MST3K, there was a fundraiser going on. The robots were all walking for different organizations. One of their's was WALKATHON, with each letter standing for a word. The others used every letter of WALKATHON written out standing for a word. It was very long. Funny two.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more