A Conversation for Theater Technicians

Tech Power

Post 1

FordsTowel

Great start, though it does still repeat in places.

On your the left side of your home page, toward the bottom, should be a link to your entry, and the button 'edit' should allow you to fix this.

As per the hatred of techies for actors, in the several local community theatres, and high school drama programs in which I've worked, the hatred isn't so much caused by actors being underfoot, as the tendency for actors to exclude techies from the stage comradarie thing. As happens all too often in all of life, people form cliques in the theatrical environment, keeping to 'their own kind'; even if they were on the other side of the divide in a previous production.

Techies are sometimes included from 'cast' parties and activities, due to the fact that their schedules often fail to coincide. This is often taken as elitism, but is more often a case of out-of-site, out-of-mind. As an ego-buffer, a 'tech party' will be thrown exclusively for techies.

This is not the best way to go. It does have the effect of causing the techies to band together, much like the not-the-coolest kids in a school who form their own 'tribes'. It can get so bad that some members of either sect will ostracize anyone who attempts to, or is able to cross over. In saner troupes, the effort is made to include everyone whose schedule permits.

smiley - towel


Key: Complain about this post

Tech Power

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more