A Conversation for Utopia Cafebar

Sitting in trees

Post 21

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

Well, if you call this normal, I guess. Anybody up here like bungee jumping? If so we can tie a bungee cord to one of these stout branches, a special one that will bounce you all the way back to where you've been sitting! Then we can jump down and shout "boogaboogabooga!" at the unsuspecting people sitting by the bar down below! And before they can realise what happened we'll be safely back between the leaves!


Sitting in trees

Post 22

purplejenny

wow - sounds like great fun but how do we avoid hitting ourselves on the branches?

BTW boogaboogabooga is a great chant, however its used.

pj


Sitting in trees

Post 23

Peregrin

*Jumps off shouting 'Whhhheeeeeee!!! Boogaboog...' then suddenly realises that he didn't tie himself on*


Sitting in trees

Post 24

HappyDude

Now that was clever.


Sitting in trees

Post 25

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

Yes, it really was! I always worry about bungee jumping - at the end, when the bungee cord snaps you back up, there's a real danger that your eyes could pop out of their sockets. By doing away with the cord Peregrin seems to have solved that problem.


Sitting in trees

Post 26

Peregrin

I wonder what happens if you drink a pint while bungee jumping?


Sitting in trees

Post 27

purplejenny

I excpect you'd spill it.


Sitting in trees

Post 28

Peregrin

Well, yes smiley - tongueout

But if you swallowed as you fell, would it go up or down your throat?... smiley - bigeyes


Sitting in trees

Post 29

purplejenny

well, up I suppose.

But your looking at one big tummy ache after smiley - smiley

pj


Sitting in trees

Post 30

HappyDude

Woulde not spill it if you used a lid and a straw smiley - smiley


Sitting in trees

Post 31

Peregrin

Ah, the voice of sense. smiley - smiley

*drinks smiley - stout while bungeeing from tree*


Sitting in trees

Post 32

HappyDude

With lid & straw ?


Sitting in trees

Post 33

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

Is that how astronauts drink in space shuttles? That will work with bungee jumping because both the jumper and the drink are in free fall. But only until the cord starts stretching, then the drink will be in free fall, while the jumper will be accelerating upwards. Free fall will resume again for both as soon as the cord goes limp again. While the cord is stretching it will be quite difficult to drink because you will have to swallow "upwards" against gravity.


Sitting in trees

Post 34

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

I think we might just have invented a new Guinness category: "Most beers drunk while bungee jumping".


Sitting in trees

Post 35

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

I think we might just have invented a new Guinness category: "Most beers drunk while bungee jumping".


Sitting in trees

Post 36

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

By the way, good to have you back with us again Peregrin. It's a fortunate thing that you can fly, eh!


Sitting in trees

Post 37

Ariel

Who was that masked man who just flew past me yelling "Boogaboogabooga!"?


Sitting in trees

Post 38

HappyDude

Do you realy want to know ?


Surreal Synchronicity!!!!

Post 39

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

OK Guys, get this ... Remember, we seem to have just invented the sport of Bungee Beer Jump-Drinking. I thought we were the first. So great was my surprise and dismay when just now, upon visiting Tashalls' page, I witnessed an early-twentieth-century girl uttering this question: "Do you intend to go bungee jumping with my beer barrel?" Apparently someone else thought of it long before we did. How so? I made inquiries. And what did I discover? That girl was making a random utterance! Tashalls has a random surrealism generator on her page that fabricates all kinds of ridiculous statements, questions and jokes based on a database of silly words and syntax rules! And it just so happened that the first time I visited that page, the random surrealism generator generated that particular question so eerily and appropriately pertaining to our recent activities over here! Spooky, huh??!!


Surreal Synchronicity!!!!

Post 40

The Unmentionable Marauding Pillowcase

Go to Tashalls page to see her random surrealism generator. It generates a new phrase each time the page is loaded, so you'll probably see a different phrase. There's no concrete proof that the bungee beer barrel question appeared when I loaded it, but you can try and check up on me by reloading Tashall's page until something of that sort appears again! Tashalls' Page: http://www.h2g2.com/U137972 But wait - there's more! My computer tried to stop me from telling you about it. Directly when I tried posting my message, the computer froze! It froze three more times after that, each time cutting me off in the middle of this particular message. But I finally managed to thwart it. I ran Norton Crashguard and scanned my disks and quickly typed my message on the Windows Notepad; then I copied it into this forum and posted it before my computer could realize what happened! Ha! And now that the deed is done, there's no more problems - my computer now realizes that it's too late. Reality tries to cover up evidence of weird happenings, to make sure that statistics keep keep on working out. But I was too smart for it! This is not my first documented synchronous experience here on h2g2! Check this out: Synchronomancy: http://www.h2g2.com/A325775 And here's my report: http://www.h2g2.com/F40449?thread=64245&latest=1 And now note another weird circumstance: my previous synchronous experiences also had to do with the Utopia Caf�bar! Co�ncidence, or not? And is there any connection to the fact that many of us here are Destined for Greatness, and that the Utopia Caf�bar is the place where we are going to see the first signs of the World to Come? WhoOOooOOooOOoo ... !!! (Plays a sequence of Sinister sounding Chords on Ominous virtual Organ!!!)


Key: Complain about this post