A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

what is the meaning of life?

Post 1321

Mal

Barb - smiley - biggrin
Barb and Az - smiley - cheers! and smiley - laugh
Maybe we should give him a break. He probably thinks he's being devastatingly sarcastic...


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1322

Neugen Amoeba

Perhaps you may want to put forward a pont of discussion yourself? Trolling may offer short-term meaning, but ultimatelly you'll find the whole experience far from satisfying.


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1323

azahar

Neugen Amoeba,

<>

I follow this thread every day though I don't always post. Your response to my honest question - what is your point? - was incredibly rude, I must say. Which gives me no reason at all to take anything further you might like to say on this thread with any sort of consideration at all.

We are discussing the meaning of life because that is what this thread is called and that is why people feel interested to join in and offer their opinions and ideas on this topic. Because they have a personal interest in this idea and would like to discuss it.

If anyone is 'trolling' here, as you suggested earlier about a fellow researcher that the rest of us all respect, I would suggest it might be yourself. I don't actually see how you are adding to this thread. Which was why I asked you to explain your point, if you had one. You chose not to do this , you preferred to hurl abuse.

We probably don't actually need or want you here on this thread, Amoeba, though of course you are welcome to stay if you would adopt a few basic manners and would actually like to participate rather than just tell everyone else that they are full of sh*t.

smiley - smiley

az




what is the meaning of life?

Post 1324

Neugen Amoeba

"I follow this thread every day though I don't always post. Your response to my honest question - what is your point? - was incredibly rude, I must say. Which gives me no reason at all to take anything further you might like to say on this thread with any sort of consideration at all."

While getting all hot and bothered did you actualy respond to my request and read the back log? If you did you would have noticed that my response (which was reiterated) was to someone elses post relating to a "natural" opposition to human population expansion. It was arguing, using examples, that human population expansion DOES have a "natural" opponent: it's called prosperity.

"was incredibly rude, I must say"

Yes it was. But no not as rude as your statement dismissing my argument as "pontless" on the bases that you were too damn lazy to read the thread in full to realize what it was about. Even after I pointed out AGIN what the point of the discussion was, you STILL insist on claiming ignorance an instead pursue personal attacks.


"I don't actually see how you are adding to this thread.'

That's a problem which you may have to overcome by doing a bit of reading. Start with noticing that my "pointless" responses are infact addressing ACTUAL issues others raised and are doing so ina format consisting of raising an alternate point of view and justifying it with ACTUAL examples. Something which I haven't seen form you!


"Which was why I asked you to explain your point, if you had one. You chose not to do this , you preferred to hurl abuse."

And I responded, reiterating the point I made earlier. And you STILL
continue to ignore that point in the interest of hurling abuse at me. Hypocricy anyone?


"... actually like to participate rather than just tell everyone else that they are full of sh*t."

The way I see it, I'm the one who is actually replying to issues raised on this tread while others are calling my response "crap" and "pointless". Semms people don't like to have their arguments questioned to any extent....


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1325

Mal

Well, if you think that, why don't you just go?


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1326

Barb

Ameoba

Redundant - look it up

Barb

Lighten up willya?smiley - groan


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1327

Neugen Amoeba

"Well, if you think that, why don't you just go?"

What an argument!?

Have you ever been to the US? There are many conservatives or republicans who strongly support Bush. There are also many, many people who oppose Bush and his policies. Whenever a Bush opponent raises a logical argument opposing any of Bush's policies, the majority of Bush's supporters reply: "well, if you don't like it, why don't you just leave?"

So that begs the question: if you don't like living under the authority of your parents, why don't you leave?


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1328

Neugen Amoeba

"Redundant - look it up"

hypocrisy - you try looking it up.


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1329

Barb

smiley - sadfacesmiley - wahsmiley - groansmiley - headhurtssmiley - grovel
smiley - fairy


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1330

azahar

neugen amoeba,

In fact I did read all of the backlog and - sorry - did not find it terribly interesting. Oh well!

I also said that because of your rudeness that I would no longer take anything you post into consideration. And I meant that.

So, post away!

I will no longer read your stuff - perhaps others here will.

bye,
az



what is the meaning of life?

Post 1331

Barb

Hi Az smiley - smiley

I think that's a good idea...Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away smiley - winkeye
Bsmiley - fairy


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1332

Barb

Now where were we?
Barbsmiley - fairy


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1333

Barb

Now where were we?
Barbsmiley - fairy


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1334

Mal

I'm not entirely sure. I was about to respond to the Amoeba's post, but after due consideration, I won't.


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1335

Neugen Amoeba

"I think that's a good idea...Maybe if we ignore it, it will go away"

Funny, that's the same attitude supporters of Bush are taking towards the negative consequences of Bush's policies: unemployment, war, threats of terrorism. Beside telling people who object to these policies to leave the country, that is.

Perhaps it's not war or famine that will end humanity, but ignorance? People who attempt to point these things out (the ones who *didn't* leave the country) will be "ignored". After all, how rude was it of them to even suggest that they were wrong!


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1336

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein


The meaning of life?
IMO
Give your life meaning , that will become the meaning of life for you.
There is no "one meaning fits all"

*NOW ...going to read the backlog to see what the heck happened*smiley - erm
smiley - disco



what is the meaning of life?

Post 1337

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

Neugen Amoeba without having read any backlog YET.
I agree there are;
"negative consequences of Bush's policies"
The comfort with ignorance and discomfort with discussion is not a good sign for anyone.

There or heresmiley - sadface
smiley - disco


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1338

abbi normal "Putting on the Ritz" with Dr Frankenstein

read the backlog
That was a sad deteriation of an intelligent conversation.


smiley - musicalnoteAnother one bites the dust.
and another one down, and another one downsmiley - musicalnote
smiley - disco


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1339

azahar

hi abbi,

well, you might have shown up a couple of pages ago and helped it along.

just stopping by now and saying 'another one bites the dust' serves what purpose exactly? smiley - winkeye

az


what is the meaning of life?

Post 1340

Mal

Well, it brings it back into my mind. I'm going to be humming it all evening mentally. Probably have a dream about eating dirt, too.
(a bit normal - for a second there it looked like it was going to turn into another "What's Wrong With Americans". Phew.)


Key: Complain about this post