A Conversation for A brief history of purple (work in progress)

Purple

Post 1

purplejenny

Hello again,

I had to write a quick entry about my favourite colour. Purple has no edited guide entry yet but many fans listed on the guide. When people are obessed by a colour, that colour is often purple, and I wonder if any of you have any idea why that might be?

A brief history of purple, A444700.

love jenny

ps I submitted this page to the guide twice. A bit daft really, so can my mistake be rectified?


Purple

Post 2

Xedni Deknil

Hi Jenny. Liked the article. I quite like purple too, in fact I have a slight colour-blindness that makes me see a shade of purple when other people see a shade of blue.

Something you might consider putting in: why is the Purple Heart purple?

XDsmiley - smiley


Purple

Post 3

Martin Harper

You've got nothing on purple being a colour of sexual frustration... huge oversight... smiley - winkeye


Purple

Post 4

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

Great entry, nice and detailed smiley - smiley


Purple

Post 5

purplejenny

is it really supposed to be a colour of sexual frustration?

I had no idea.

Perhaps this a topic you would be more suited to cover?

love and kisses

from an unfrustrated purple person.

jenny


Purple

Post 6

Martin Harper

Allegedly so. Goes with peeling labels off bottles and suchlike.

But that's exhausted my store of information on the subject, I'm afraid. smiley - smiley

Love from a dark blue person.


Purple

Post 7

Global Village Idiot

A most enjoyable read.

Perhaps there's a link between sexual frustration and bars of Cadbury's Dairy Milk, also purple?

I don't know if you should let the "purple haze" reference pass without mentioning Jimi Hendrix (especially as there's an article on him, http://www.h2g2.com/A248744 - the editors love bits that link the Guide together)

GVI
smiley - smiley


Purple

Post 8

purplejenny

Thanks for all the feedback,

I hope that this weekend I will get chance to tidy up the entry on purple and the Wigan entry, and then hopefully they can both go into the guide.

I'm a very busy purple bunny at the moment, and my little cotton tail is bouncing around in a frantic state.

Much love to everybody ever,

Jenny


Thread Moved

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'A brief history of purple (work in progress)'.

Back to Entry, there is an Edited Entry on this topic here: A51822902 Purple


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more