A Conversation for Talking Point: When Do You Become an Adult?

feel the voltage

Post 1

Hoversnail

It's got to be when you own your first power tool. Preferably a drill.


News flash....

Post 2

Omega

Women are included in "adult" so that isn't necessarily true because women don't particularly care for power tools....


News flash....

Post 3

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

There is one particular power tool which women seem to prefer... smiley - winkeye


News flash....

Post 4

Omega

Not all women melt at the touch of the Blaster Master "Power Drill"....


News flash....

Post 5

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't have to spell it out, but I was referring to that plastic pal that's fun to be with....


News flash....

Post 6

Hoversnail

electric sander? smiley - winkeye


News flash....

Post 7

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Nah. It's got to be small and light and fit neatly into the the palm of a ladies hand. A cambursunk would do nicely. It is used for preparing the hole for a screw.


News flash....

Post 8

badger party tony party green party

obviously the test of adulthood must be being able to go into an Ann Aummers or similar "adult shop" then. Oh and not get kicked out for being a whipper snapper.


Lizsmiley - loveblush and I were talking about having children. We thought about the nights with no sleep, the expense, bed wetting, vomit everywhere, the childish irritating behaviour and the constsnt need for attention. But I decided that I like my weekends like that and that having a baby would only get in the way.


News flash....

Post 9

ex Brigadeer, now Tealady Werekitty aka Tobru De'ran; ex sith extraordinaire, well poked veggie fascist and Goo Goose

smiley - rofl

Clive! I'd never have thought you capable of insinuinuendo!


News flash....

Post 10

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

smiley - angel


feel the voltage

Post 11

GroovyDave

When I hit mid-30's I decided that one doesn't actually 'become'an adult, just a greyer, more wrinkly version of one's younger self.
All we can hope for is to gain wisdom through our experience.(that is the point isn't it?)


Key: Complain about this post