A Conversation for Theme Parks And Rollercoasters

A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 21

Bright Blue Shorts

I just had a read through. The content is great and generally well written. My main complaint was that it's difficult to look at. Like so many replyers before me I reckon you should get some some subheaders on the History section. Looks like you're off to the GuideML clinic anyway.

My other thoughts are:
- there seems to be a jump from 1955 (Disneyland) to 1975 the first loop the loop. What happened between? Where was the first one?
- somewhere you say that Theme parks are taking over from traditional parks (or similar . I would dispute that especially if you don't have a theme park within 100 miles smiley - smiley
- towards the end the you become chatty and start use the First person singular - not good in the Guide
- the records are good however I'm always hearing about new rides claiming they're faster, taller than before. In a few years time this part of the entry will be out of date. How about saying something like "At the turn of the millennium, the fastest ride was ...., the tallest ...." etc, etc.
- along these lines don't many of these places claim obscure records in the hope of attracting visitors. For example the fastest ride, the tallest ride, the biggest drop, most consecutive loops, the longest single stretch of drop, the most scouts eating their lunch ever to visit in one day etc, etc. How about a touch of critical comment on this area?
- Following the records section, you say "more to come" suggesting the entry is unfinished. Sounds like a Writing Workshop entry to me.
- finally on the grammar and spelling front, motorised doesn't have a "Z" if you're a Brit (which you imply at the end) and "Next up" sounds like you're presenting Top of The Pops smiley - winkeye

Overall though, and that list may look damning, the entry's good and you have all the information you need for it. It just needs a bit of jigging about! Good luck smiley - smiley


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 22

Kobolt - aka 'I didn't fail, I found 5000 ways that don't work'

OK, as far as the dates go, I put all the info I could get down in there so what isn't there, I don't know.
-Secondly, when I say theme parks are taking over, I mean in things like ticket sales, popularity, ride quality etc....
-I made the first person change at the bottom to third
-The records section now reads 'true at time of typing'
-I put a little comment in by the records of critical value
-I erased the 'more to come' comment, I think the entry is finished now
-I changed the spelling of motorised smiley - smiley and got rid of next up.

PHEW!!!

However these changes wont appear until I get this cursed guide ML to work...


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 23

Kobolt - aka 'I didn't fail, I found 5000 ways that don't work'

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally I have ironed out every last little bug and glitch from the GuideML. The clinic said something about not putting the and tags in there, but I had to include them to get it to work, I hope nobody minds...

I think the entry is finally done now, I have tried to please everyone and made all requested changes. Anything else?


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 24

Martin Harper

http://www.h2g2.com/A441208
I'll check it out shortly...


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 25

Martin Harper

Yep - this is a high quality entry - and certainly ready for the guide. My only concern is whether it clashes with the entry on hypercoasters they added recently... I'll get back to you... smiley - winkeye


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 26

Martin Harper

nope - it's still in peer review: http://www.h2g2.com/F48874?thread=67439 http://www.h2g2.com/A400320 - Hypercoasters As I said, nice entry - it's nicely structured, and the talk about the history is wonderful - I can imagine the inventor's eyes lighting up dollars as he realises there's a little extra cash to be made... :)


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 27

Kobolt - aka 'I didn't fail, I found 5000 ways that don't work'

OK, well hop totally ignored me and now his/her? entry is in the editorial process, will this affect my chances of getting my entry into the edited guide?


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 28

Ariel

I found this article delightful and informative.
I'm a complete chicken when it comes to these sorts of things, but perhaps I'll give it a try next season smiley - winkeye
cheers-
Ariel


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 29

Martin Harper

Don't give up hope - your entry may be in the guide sooner than you think...


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 30

Martin Harper

Don't give up hope - your entry may be in the guide sooner than you think...


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 31

Kobolt - aka 'I didn't fail, I found 5000 ways that don't work'

You intrigue me Lucinda...

Oh and good on you Ariel, riding a rollercoaster is an experience you wont forget. You will be so glad you tried it, trust me.

smiley - smiley


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 32

Kobolt - aka 'I didn't fail, I found 5000 ways that don't work'

Will I get an email if my entry is accepted, or do I have to check back every day to find out?


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 33

Martin Harper

you'd get an email if it gets as far as the front page - and a couple posts here otherwise...

hth


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 34

Martin Harper

let me clarify...

you'll get a couple of posts here if a scout reccs it - one from the scout, one from the editors. If so, you'll then get an email the day before it gets to the front page...


A441208 Theme Parks and Rollercoasters

Post 35

Kobolt - aka 'I didn't fail, I found 5000 ways that don't work'

Thanx Lucinda, you've been a great help!!!


Congratulations!

Post 36

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.

If they haven't been along already, the Scout who recommended your entry will post here soon, to let you know what happens next. Meanwhile you can find out what will happen to your entry here: http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Process

Congratulations!


Congratulations!

Post 37

Richy

Just to let you know, next time you play around with trying to use GuideML, try to put all of your tags in CAPS. Other than, that you left me not much to do to sub your article!


Congratulations!

Post 38

Kobolt - aka 'I didn't fail, I found 5000 ways that don't work'

OK, will do man...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!, first edited guide entry coming up, expect to see more from me in the future, I'm working on an entry about body popping...


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more