A Conversation for Do Not Buy This Gift
Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress' Posted Jun 26, 2001
About the McDonald's coffee-spilling woman: the way I heard it, she wasn't driving- she was in the restaurant, opened the container and it was over-full, and scalded her severely. Even then, she wouldn't have had a case if MaccyD's hadn't been ordered by the proper authorities to cool the coffee down, on several occasions, prior to the incident. Good ol' Ronald and co. chose to ignore these repeated warnings. If that's the case, then they deserved to pay.
I have a grudge against the company anyway as they're shameless and their food is BAD. (Made me sick once.) I can easily sympathise with the coffee lady because I know how dangerous their beverages can be. A friend of mine bought some tea there once, to take away. I held it for her while we found a bench. She sat, carefully holding the container (being a good girl, she took notice of the 'caution- hot' label), and then opened it only to have it spill on her hand and cause considerable pain. The damn thing was so over-full that the simple act of taking the lid off caused leakage.
As for instructions, how about 'Contains Nuts- not suitable for allergy sufferers' on a packet of Sainsbury's peanuts.
When I was at school, I used to regularly buy a publication called "Television", a magazine for TV repairmen... They had a contest for the worst-translated instructions, and it was won by a Grundig cassette recorder manual which had been translated from German to English via Japanese, and contained the memorable line:
"If your thruster is wobbling, it is being improper"...
Mens Sana In Thingummy Gosho Posted Sep 29, 2001
Key: Complain about this post