A Conversation for Tampons

Flea Market: A435881 tampons

Post 1

Researcher 152982

http://www.h2g2.com/A435881


A435881 tampons

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

What about some history, (ancient Egyptians and papyrus), discussion of the "taboo" nature of tampons, how they are advertised without ever saying what they are and so on?


A435881 tampons

Post 3

Crescent

..and the adverts are always blue and white. Never ever any hint of red. Ever smiley - smiley A succinct Entry smiley - smiley Until later...
BCNU - Crescent


A435881 tampons

Post 4

Martin Harper

Might be worth mentioning that other items that do the same job exist - just in passing...

Anyway, some adverts mention tampons - some even *show* them... smiley - winkeye


A435881 tampons

Post 5

Lisa the Freak // Poet by the Toga

Yes, and some pretend that using them is like participating in some sort of computer game.


A435881 tampons

Post 6

amdsweb

I dunno - I like the conciseness of this entry as it is.
Of course you could make it longer and include all sorts of stuff, but I think this one stands on its own two feet.
If you *were* to make it larger, and include lots of other stuff, you ought to mention the risk of toxic shock syndrome (TSS), a rather nasty thing to have.
But like I said, I like this article's conciseness.

smiley - smiley


A435881 tampons

Post 7

Wampus

It's good you like it as it is, since the author is probably MIA. Hasn't made a personal space entry, hasn't posted any journal entries, hasn't posted anything since September 14th...


A435881 tampons

Post 8

amdsweb

Sad but true...


A435881 tampons

Post 9

Martin Harper

Are we going to come to any kind of conclusion as to whether this is workshop material or edited guide material?

I honestly can't see this getting picked as is - and if so, it's just cluttering up PR and getting in the way for someone who wants to write a more comprehensive entry on the topic.

In or Out? smiley - winkeye


A435881 tampons

Post 10

Gnomon - time to move on

Out


A435881 tampons

Post 11

shrinkwrapped

Out!


A435881 tampons

Post 12

amdsweb

In!


Conversation Moved

Post 13

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved to the new 'Flea Market' Forum.

This is where we move any Peer Review, Writing Workshop or Alternative Writing Workshop Conversations where the original author has *not* posted to h2g2 for three months. This prevents the active Review Forums from clogging up with dormant entries, but in the Flea Market they can be picked up by others and polished off.


Tampons

Post 14

The Apprentice

I have decided to adopt this one to see if something can be done with it.

The new location is here:

A2417302

smiley - ok

The Apprentice
smiley - scientist


Tampons

Post 15

Mina

And the final version here - A3835389 - now back in PR.


Tampons

Post 16

Cyzaki

So shouldn't this be removed from the flea market then?

smiley - panda


Tampons

Post 17

Mina

There's at least one more that needs to come out that I rescued, but I was waiting for this one to hit the Front Page as well, and then post both up together for the Eds.

I've got a feeling that when I went through FM looking for articles, there were a few more in there that had been updated, so I'll have another look before I post a list. I think Gnomon posted some up recently, so they might have gone now.


Tampons

Post 18

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Guess someone forgot to remove this tampon...smiley - groan


Tampons

Post 19

Mina

smiley - yuk

I'd forgotten about this one! smiley - ta


Tampons

Post 20

Gnomon - time to move on

Recommended/Edited version at A3913544


Key: Complain about this post