BSJAC

4 Conversations

The BS Johnson Award comittee meeting and general Terry Pratchett non-obsessive fan chatter with hefty topic drift club

Death browses the Obituaries page
THE BS JOHNSON AWARDS

The BS Johnson Award is a special design award given in different categories:

1. original design by members

2. social planning

3. laws
Rules:

1. It must be a grandiose design. No half measures.

2. The design must utterly fail to do what it is supposed to do.

3. The design must contain emergent properties: that is, it must do something utterly unexpected.

4. The design must illustrate some previously unsuspected, but utterly astonishing, truth about the universe, revealed in the most insulting way possible.

5. The design should be aesthetically pleasing. (The last criterion is open to debate.)

Douglas Adams vs Terry Pratchett

Members
benjahv
dimitrigheorgheni
Malabarista
Tavaron
vamster

Visit The Discworld English-German Glossary!

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A4334898

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more