A Conversation for Talking Point: Vanity and the Knife

vanity sickness

Post 1

andersonboyes

vanity is a fear of ageing,of not being confident enough in oneself to go through life as you were created,to be altered when there is no real need medically must be sickness brought on by personel weakness and being to well off to pander to it.Before anyone considers this direction they should take a good look around at others much more unfortunate than theselves and ask,do I realy want this.


vanity sickness

Post 2

PrimeDjin

So, actually, in order to determine if we really want to get rid - or not - of that pea-size hairy mole on our chin, we should contemplate our decision in contrast with the living conditions of the average leper in Calcutta...

Umm, what if, what if we reached a compromise; like, we decide to go ahead with the medically-speaking-unnecessary-but-beautifying-according-to-us operation, BUT without anesthesia; so we wouldn't feel so utterly spoiled (especially compared to the lepers in Calcutta!)

merry Xmas! smiley - bubblysmiley - coolsmiley - bubbly


vanity sickness

Post 3

andersonboyes

Your example of an unfortunate in Calcutta was misplaced, and unfortunately really unnecessary, I fear you missed the point and totally misunderstood for the sake of a little gentle sarcasm. A pea size mole may well be the least of your worries and I definitely do not recommend any placation of conscience by omitting the use of laughing gas on your part.


vanity sickness

Post 4

PrimeDjin

lol, the lengths I'd go for some cheap laughs smiley - smiley

no worries, just teasing, your point is unmissable, so obvious it could join the dead presidents on Mt Rushmore


vanity sickness

Post 5

andersonboyes

Thanks P/D,I realy should get a life,but when you get a bit long in the tooth a kind of grumpy sets in,still have a good sense of humour though,the jobs I have had it was a prerequisite.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more