A Conversation for Talking Point: Vanity and the Knife

I AM HAPPY AS I AM

Post 1

Researcher 243528

I am an Italian guy and I have been living in London for the last 8 years, I was reading the article about being all beautifull, I think that life is a wonderfull thing and it really does not matter how pretty you are. When I was young I was leaving in Italy, I remember that the press, the tv and the radio were stressing the Italian teenegers that being beautifull is very important, nowdays I think that what they use to say us was very stupid I really think so, let say that you are very pretty it does not mean that you are better than anybody else, as a male I have been going out with very pretty girls but at the end of the night I found out how brainless she was. Personally I would never dream of plastic surgery, I rather spend that money for a long holiday in the Bahamas so that will help to restore myself from the stress don`t you think so?


I AM HAPPY AS I AM

Post 2

neri_aracro

I absolutely agree.

If people just enjoyed life with what they've got, then beauty becomes a really silly issue.

There is nothing wrong with good grooming, but it is easy to cross the line into vanity. If everyone did take that holiday in the Bahamas and forgot about there worries, no-one would need plastic surgery!


I AM HAPPY AS I AM

Post 3

Researcher 243528

AS YOU SAID GROOMING IS OK BUT VANITY IS DANGEROUS, I AM ALSO SURPRISED THAT THE UK IS BECOMING WORST THAN ITALY, FOR INSTANCE EVERY TIME I SAID TO BE ITALIAN PEOPLE SAY OH YES YOU ALL BEAUTIFULL PEOPLE YOU HAVE CLASS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO BE PERFECT AND I WONDER WHAT THE HELL OF IMAGE DO WE HAVE, IT SEEMS THAT BEING BEATIFULL AND HAVING A BEAUTIFUL CAR ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT MAKE HAPPY PEPOLE WHAT A DISGRACE, THE WEST OF THE WORLD IS GOING DOWN TO HELL, NOBODY SEEM TO APPRECIATE REAL MORAL PRINCIPLES, PEOPLE SEEM TO BE SO EMPTY WITHOUT A PRECISE IDEAL IT ALL ABOUT BEING BEAUTIFUL AND WEAR VALENTINO AND DOLCE GABBANA DEAR......DEAR WHAT A DECLINE


I AM HAPPY AS I AM

Post 4

Cadmus

Oh dear, I think your Caps Lock key may be stuck, you should get that looked at.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more