A Conversation for Project: Stars

The Celestial Sphere

Post 1

Cestus

Hi there,

I'd love to do a piece on the CS, I'll have a go and let you know where it is.

Cestus


The Celestial Sphere

Post 2

Tango

Thanks,

That's great!

Tango


The Celestial Sphere

Post 3

Cestus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A573482

So here it is, I didn't know exactly what level to aim it at so check it out and see what you think smiley - smiley

Cestus


The Celestial Sphere

Post 4

Tango

That looks perfect!

Thanks, I'll put on on the project page!

Thanks again,

Tango


The Celestial Sphere

Post 5

Cestus

You're welcome, I enjoyed doing it, I didn't know anything about the subject when I volunteered so I really enjoyed the research.

Cheers,

Cestus


The Celestial Sphere

Post 6

Shrimp, keeper of petty nitpicking [(-1+8)x(-2+9-1-0)=42]

Cestus and Tango, being a fairly new here and all I also wrote an entry about the celestial globe and celestial coordinates (http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A617195). I submitted it to the Writing Workshop without properly checking if there was an entry already covering this subject. Bossel drew my attention to this projected and suggested to contact you. Anyway, I think my entry is slightly more comprehensive than Cestus', so I was wondering if a collaboration in our efforts would be useful here. I don't know about the current status of the project (seeing that you don't really need anymore help), but I guess I don't want to have written my entry for nothing smiley - biggrin. So let me know what you think.

And have a good one...

smiley - cheers Shrimp


The Celestial Sphere

Post 7

Cestus

Shrimp,

I've taken a look and your piece is first rate. I think a collaboration is definitely in order, I'll knock up a 'combined' one for you to take a look at, if you clear it I'll copy it up in place of the one in the project.

Cheers,

Cestus


The Celestial Sphere

Post 8

Shrimp, keeper of petty nitpicking [(-1+8)x(-2+9-1-0)=42]

Great, glad you liked it. Looking forward to your proposal!

smiley - cheers Shrimp


The Celestial Sphere

Post 9

Tango

Sounds great! Keep me informed.

Tango


The Celestial Sphere

Post 10

Tango

How's it going? Will you have it done soon?

If you are struggling I can get a sub-ed to do it instead. It's up to you.

Tango
smiley - smiley


The Celestial Sphere

Post 11

Cestus

Tango,

Apologies. I'm aware this is taking rather long.

I'm probably going to be able to do it this weekend, if I can't then I'll let you know so you can call our the SubEd and finally declare this project finished smiley - smiley

As is always the case with me, I get involved in more things than I really have time for. I'm on it though.

Cheers,

Cestus


The Celestial Sphere

Post 12

Tango

The weekends fine. I don't mind, it's not really fair if I did; this 6 week project has taken over a year! smiley - biggrin

Tango


The Celestial Sphere

Post 13

Cestus

Tango and Shrimp,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A630569

I hope it meets with approval, I've tried to incorporate all the additional facts that Shrimp's piece contained without distorting the meaning in any way but obviously I'm looking for comments.

Enjoy reading the new article.

Cheers,

Cestus


The Celestial Sphere

Post 14

Tango

Looks great! smiley - smiley

I've updated the index page.

Thanks!

Tango
smiley - smiley


The Celestial Sphere

Post 15

Cestus

Thanks Tango,

Shrimp? Do you like it or are there things you want to see changed?

Cestus


The Celestial Sphere

Post 16

Cefpret

Now I'm confused. There are two entries with an Editor, and you are merging both articles?

Well, anyway, the article you are refering to is very informative. But: Without any figures only people who have learnt that already will understand much of the contents. That's only partly the fault of the authors though -- it's a disadvantage of h2g2.

If you wanted to describe anything _exact_ (to avoid the need for pictures) it would reach tedious length. Maybe you should reduce accuracy to get more readability? You must know for whom you are writing. Beginners will be totally lost, advanced astonomers know this stuff from better texts. E.g. is 'Vernal Equinox' a commen English Term? Even professional German astronomers just say 'spring point' that can be made clear to the beginners in an easy way. (Only an example.)

Avoid explanations that are real brain twisters.


Key: Complain about this post