A Conversation for Project: Stars

HR DIAGRAMS

Post 1

Driftpuppy

I could easily do a page on this as i'm revising them for my exams right now.
What would be the best way for me to construct a draft that you can look at?
I've only just started using the guide so i'm a bit unsteady on my feet and still
finding out how it works.


HR DIAGRAMS

Post 2

Tango

Hi,

Thanks, that would be great. If you could do an explanation in a new guide entry (either click on the 'Contribute' button or the 'New Guide Entry' on you home page) and let me know the A?????? number then I can help you out with any problems, if you struggle with GuideML I suggest the GuideML clinic (click the 'Feedback' button) or just ask me (being a guru its my job anyway!). I'm not sure it it will be possible to show the actual diagram but I'll find out!

Thanks and good luck with the exams!

Tango


HR DIAGRAMS

Post 3

Mac

HR Diagrams , hmm, seems to ring a bell or two. There were these two Bohemians, name of Hertsprung and Russell, the former some Lithuanian refugee from Stalin's Gulag, the other someone he met up with during a visit to Copenhagen in the mid fifties. Well, anyway, They started plotting stellar luminosities, etc, err, the rest is history.


HR DIAGRAMS

Post 4

Cefpret

Please have a look at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F48874?thread=144007&latest=1


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more