A Conversation for Volunteer to be a Sub-editor

Can I be a sub-editor?

Post 1

dechenwangmo

Well it all looked quite simple, but oh dearie me....

Like most of the 'just click here' invitations spawned on the internet, it turns out to have many twists in the tale (or tail if you prefer). I've scoured this site, printed off instructions and guides and so forth, obediently 'started a conversation' (and got a completely irrelevant reply) - all to no avail.

If somebody out there would care to tell me (a) whether you're taking on volunteer sub-editors at all at the moment (b) what you're looking for, as I'm not sending you personal information you don't need (c) how i apply and how long it's reasonable to wait for a response, and (d) whether you keep 'applications' on file...... well that would make my day!

take care y'all


Can I be a sub-editor?

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Well, here's the irrelevant reply this researcher got: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/F103378?thread=3719873&post=43613373#p43613373 Hello again dechenwangmo, I don't know which invitation you followed, I had no idea h2g2 was looking for sub-editors on the www. Usually, the recruiting of new volunteers for any of our various volunteer schemes is advertised on the Front Page at http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2 or on the <./>announcements page (you'll quickly find out that there isn't any recruiting going on at the moment). So how irrelevant my reply may seem to you, it's the only one you'll get right now.


Can I be a sub-editor?

Post 3

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit not patient or obedient smiley - biggrin
"a >> not at the moment
b >> See < F103378?thread=3719873 > 'B'Elana' explains it all
c >> anywhere between half a year and seven years
d >> Anything posted on this site remains there forever ( concidering it does not break any rules )
e >> < <./>Welcome</.> > to HooToo smiley - biggrin "


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more