A Conversation for Volunteer to be a Sub-editor

alicia 148 - please can I be a sub editor?

Post 1

alicia148

I would like to become a sub editor. Please let me know how I can get involved.
Thanks, alicia 148
[email protected]


alicia 148 - please can I be a sub editor?

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Hi Alicia. Welcome to h2g2.

h2g2 is in a state of change at the moment. The current editors are keeping the site ticking over while we prepare to move to a new location in a few weeks' time. Once we're at the new location, I'll be in charge of the sub-editors. Until then, I won't be able to do anything.

Have you any experience of writing or editing? How is your command of English? Sub-editors need to have a good command of punctuation and also need to be able to recognise when an entry is well-written and when it needs a helping hand. Perhaps you'd like to go into PeerReview and look at some of the Entries there. This will give you an idea of the sort of work you would be involved with as a sub-editor. It is the finished entries from Peer Review that are handed to the sub-editors for them to tidy up.

Look at the entries in Peer Review that people say are ready to be picked. See if you can spot anything wrong with them that you would change if you had control of the entry.

Another thing you might like to do is to write an entry yourself and see how you get on.

I'll keep your name on record and get back to you when we're installed on the new site.


Key: Complain about this post

alicia 148 - please can I be a sub editor?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more