A Conversation for Volunteer to be a Sub-editor

Strictly voluntary

Post 1

Wobbegong

I was just searching the site for ways to contribute when I came across the volunteer opportunities. I would be happy to volunteer some time each week to sub-edit batches.

Since September , I have worked at home as a grantwriter and graphic designer while raising my new son. I would relish an opportunity to keep my intellect ticking over between teething biscuits and Teletubbies!

I have written newsletters, corporate copy and an extremely silly staff revue when I worked at the Barbican Centre. I was born in the UK, but now reside in San Jose, California so I am fluent in both sorts of spelling.

My number is U190002 and my nickname is wobbegong.


Strictly voluntary

Post 2

World Service Memoryshare team

Dear wobbegong,

It sounds like we could use your experience smiley - smiley I'll add you to the list and will let you know when I do the next round of recruiting. Before this happens it would be a good idea for you to get more involved in the Community. Peer Review is a good place to start and it's a good chance for you to see the sorts of entries that come up.

Incidentally, have you heard about the h2g2 Parent and Child Group? It's over at A265169. We could always do with a few new recruits at that page too smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more