A Conversation for Small Screen Surfin'

Heh heh heh

Post 1

Secretly Not Here Any More

Just how do you get an RSI of the wrist?


Heh heh heh

Post 2

[...]

Spend way too many hours on the PC, drawing, writing and hitting people who make innuendo. smiley - nahnah


Heh heh heh

Post 3

Secretly Not Here Any More

Touche...


Heh heh heh

Post 4

Post Team

Indeed - sometimes associated with carpal tunnel (a narrow, rigid passageway of ligament and bones at the base of the hand) syndrome. TM has suffered quite badly from it and it was all down to poor seating behind the pc and too much typing/use of the mouse.

Perhaps you need to cut down on action games? smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - thepost


Heh heh heh

Post 5

Awix

'Action games'... smiley - laugh

Any day in which you learn a new euphemism can't be a waste! smiley - smiley


Heh heh heh

Post 6

Awix

BTW would it worth my mentioning that this was written Tuesday morning, a good 30 hours before the whole 'Eccy quits / Tennant top of the wish list' thing was announced?

No, probably not... smiley - erm


Heh heh heh

Post 7

[...]

If you wish to sound like we paid Eccleston a visit with brass knucks and cudgels yes... smiley - winkeye


Heh heh heh

Post 8

Awix

Wouldn't dream of it - I meant it would look like we had our precognitive heads on when we were writing!

Personally I would rather he stuck around for the first 4-5 weeks of the next series and then left, but never mind...


Heh heh heh

Post 9

Terran

Did you say that thing about David Tennant before the news about CE? smiley - biggrin

Awix, I remember you telling me you didn't like it when I used a "magic" all problem solving device... smiley - winkeye

As good as CE has the potential to be, I do think that a new Doctor so early could be an excellent thing, and keeps the media bandwagon growing. I'm probably the only Doctor Who fan who thought like this (after the initial surprise), but the character has always been bigger than the actor - and please hit me for saying it - but David Tennant could actually be more of Doctor Who than CE... only time will tell I guess.

In the present meantime, I'm looking forward to Saturday's episode... should get a few more viewers after the latest announcement too...


Heh heh heh

Post 10

Post Team

I prepped this around 4pm on Wednesday and added the news about CE leaving as soon as I heard it around 6am Thursday... so Awix and HPB are innocent smiley - winkeye

shazz smiley - thepost


Heh heh heh

Post 11

[...]

I think this whole leaving thing is very suspicious anyway.

Why say you looked for the role if you're going to then say you fear being type-cast (certainly didn't worry when applying for Star Wars Episode III)?

Did the large viewing figure put him off?

What's this about fearing he looked effeminate? Pretty hard for Northerners to come off effeminate unless they're playing it in your face camp.

Role on David Tennant, character actor. smiley - winkeye And Chris, run for your life!


Heh heh heh

Post 12

Awix

I've just posted a lengthy (and probably extremely tedious to non-DW fans) thing about the whole Eccy departure thing (why's he going, what are the implications, should we really be shocked, etc) at www.pagefillers.com/dwrg and I don't fancy repeating myself!

Except to say that a small ten minute (max) cameo under heavy prosthetics is considerably less likely to result in typecasting than a 10-hour plus lead role using your own face.

I don't think the typecasting story rings true anyway... oh there I go, repeating myself! bahh. smiley - smiley


Heh heh heh

Post 13

Terran

I think that was very well put Awix. In fact I believe David Tennant is actually a big Doctor Who fan (needs to lay off those cakes), and so would probably be far more prepared, and more willing to embrace the role than Chris Eccleston.


Heh heh heh

Post 14

Awix

Well, I hope so - he's certainly a stalwart of the audio range. Keep him on the cakes, it'll help keep his strength up for those 14-hour night shoots!


Heh heh heh

Post 15

[...]

He'll have to.. he's known to be ridiculously thin from his stage work.

Maybe being in Harry Poter 4 is practice. smiley - winkeye


Heh heh heh

Post 16

Terran

Don't suppose I could be the middle man in the next discussion about Doctor Who could I?


Heh heh heh

Post 17

[...]

I have no idea.

Could try getting an opinion on the last episode of the series possibly.


Heh heh heh

Post 18

Awix

I have to say my opinion of last night's episode is rather more mixed than it was of the opener. I could see last night's being done in the classic style as a 2x25m episode story (give or take a few elements) but on the other hand I'm not going to be remotely delighted if (as seems possible) the new show is going to rely heavily on elements of continuity from the various merchandise lines (the destruction of Gallifrey in particular).

BTW, Jar Jar, what's this week's SSS going to be about?


Heh heh heh

Post 19

Terran

I thought it was probably the best episode of Doctor Who in a long time (the eighties included - and I'm a McCoy fan). It'll be interesting to see how they develop the gallifrey thing. Its actually very similar to how they introduced the idea of the Doctor not being human in the very first episode... except this time he's the only one left. Great stuff. And it beat Ant and Dec...smiley - smiley


Heh heh heh

Post 20

Awix

Well, on the one hand the Gallifrey thing does sound somewhat like what I understand happened in the sequence of books leading up to Ancestor Cell (none of which I've read) and as I say I won't be impressed if the new series' background is going to be built around continuity only a tiny fraction of the audience will be familiar with.

On the other hand this is the second mention of a mysterious war - presumably it's the same one, unless Rusty's scripting has got *extremely* sloppy - and as I don't recall any mention of other races being involved in the war in the books hopefully this is something new to TV that will be expanded upon in the course of the series. (Did my ears deceive or did I hear the words 'bad wolf' amongst the small talk at the party...?)


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Small Screen Surfin'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more