A Conversation for Microsoft Word-'Hide White Space'

'White' space

Post 1

Spartacus7

OK, so I know what this is but I ain't gunna tell you.


'White' space

Post 2

Spartacus7

But first let me say that I really liked your post - funny and quirky, and I think Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently, and the rhino would have liked it.


'White' space

Post 3

Hannah-Music

could you please tell me? im really curious. and thanks for the kind words smiley - smiley


'White' space

Post 4

Spartacus7

Yeah, like you, I think it's really dumb - the hide the white space sign comes up when you are on the only bit that isn't white. But that's not the bit they mean.

The real white space is the white bit at the bottom of the top page and white bit at the top of the bottom page - the footer and the header.


'White' space

Post 5

Yvonne aka india

Also applies to the blank space on a page. If you have a document that has half a page of text on page 1, the same on page 2, and a whole page of text on page 3 (confused yet?) as sometimes happens with technical papers, using Hide White Space gets rid of the blank half pages too, not just the purple background, so you have two small sections visible at the same time. This is *really* useful when writing program specifications that need cross-referencing throughout.

Sorry if you already knew this, just thought I'd mention how I use it at Uni.


'White' space

Post 6

Hannah-Music

no, i didnt know that! thanks smiley - smiley im going to go open Word and try it in a minute...

i was a little confused at the beginning smiley - winkeye but i got it eventually. it is just really hard to try and explain things relating to Word in writing. you did well! im surprised people actually understood what i was talking about... smiley - smiley

thanks for reading :D
Hannah


'White' space

Post 7

Yvonne aka india

Trying to explain technical stuff can be really difficult, yes. It's the same with other packages we use, it's tough to describe without the monitor in front of both people.

You ever played Pictionary? smiley - smiley


'White' space

Post 8

Hannah-Music

yea, you do need a monitor some times smiley - winkeye

im not too bad at pictionary. smiley - smiley havent played it for ages though! im better at the drawing side of it rather than the guessing.... how about you?

smiley - smiley have a good day.
Hannah


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Microsoft Word-'Hide White Space'

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more