A Conversation for Astoria, Queens, New York City, NY, USA

Restaurants etc.

Post 1

jqr

My favorite Greek restaurant is Telly's Taberna, right under the Hell Gate Bridge and near the Ditmars Blvd stop. There is also Elias Corner, which is under the N train. They serve fish; you stop at the counter, point to the particular piece of fish flesh you want, and they cook it for you. Also worth mentioning would be Socrates Sculpture Park, the Isamu Noguchi Garden Museum, the Triborough Bridge, and maybe some idea of how to get to Astoria (buses, subway, BQE etc.).

Something else you could do is to add links to relevant guide entries, like the subway and NYC entries (I think they like that) and links to other web pages. The American Museum of the Moving Image has a site, for instance, http://www.ammi.org.

And remember, if it gets into the guide, any mention of the first person, whether "I," "me," or "this researcher" will get edited out, as will some of the drier comments you make.

Good luck and I will try to find out some more detailed information for you.


Key: Complain about this post

Restaurants etc.

More Conversations for Astoria, Queens, New York City, NY, USA

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more