A Conversation for Live From Los Angeles - The First Annual George Fideaux Total B******d Awards!

Nominations from the world of music

Post 1

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

New category. I'll start off the nominations with Sinead O'Conner, and (Mike is gonna be pissed at me for this one, but it has to be done smiley - winkeye) Marilyn Manson. Sinead for being bald, whiney, and for tearing up a picture of the pope on Saturday Night Live, before a live audience that couldn't give two s**ts about the man. Manson gets it for the string of unfinished concerts... drunken b*****d always seems to hurt himself or something... but he always gets his money. I had the misfortune of attending one of these truncated performances in Honolulu.


Nominations from the world of music

Post 2

Phil

I'd like to dispute your nomination of Ms O'Conner, or is it sister Bernadette still these days? At least she has the guts to get up and do something that she believes in, even if you or I do not agree with that. We're the ones who put her on the stage to look at. You may think she is bald (ok so that's true, but have you seen a picture of her with hair? a very pretty lady is she if she wanted to be) whiney (I actually like her music, it has a passion rare in a lot of modern music) and I disagree.

As Alice Cooper once said of Marilyn Manson, so dressing up all scary in leather and giving yourself a girls name, like that's not been done before smiley - winkeye (or something like that)

Personally I'd like to nominate any of the manipulative managers/producers of the inane teen pop bands (boy bands, girl bands, solo perfomers etc) they're the ones who aught to be first against the wall...


Nominations from the world of music

Post 3

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

It's not so much the act that I am nominating her for, as the sheer inappropriateness of it. It was the equivalent of me getting worked up over my taxes, and making a loud and open protest to the IMF. The IMF has nothing to do with my taxes... so why burden them with it? Catholicism is a very minor force in the states, and plays no noticeable role in US politics. Case in point: one of the most Catholic states, Minnesota, elected an avowed atheist as governor.

"We're the ones who put her on the stage to look at." - Ummm, I assure you, I had nothing to do with it. She got up on stage because she chose to pursue a music career... if she didn't like the limelight, she never should have stepped into it.

Anyway, this sort of thing is what the nomination process will solve... if nobody agrees with me, she won't make the top five.

Love the quote by Alice Cooper! smiley - smiley

Hard to nominate someone we don't see, unfortunately. Especially since we don't have names. Feel free to nominate any of those bands, though. smiley - winkeye


Nominations from the world of music

Post 4

Phil

Fair enough then I can se now why you nominated her.

As for catholicism and US politics that's another thread (today lets meet the Kennedys smiley - winkeye)

The we put her on a stage, might not be you personally, but the general we. OK so she went out and chose a career in music, but so many people do that and you've never heard of them. If we (general) hadn't gone out and bought the music, seen the gigs and bought the t-shirt she wouldn't have risen to the prominence she has come to and so she'd have been ripping the picture of the pope in the back room of some pub in London, rather than live on national US TV.

So you want names, how about, Brittney, B*Witched, S Club 7, Daphne and Celeste.


Nominations from the world of music

Post 5

Witty Moniker

This is a suggestion for another category, but I didn't want to presume to start a new conversation without your permission, GargleBlaster. So I'm putting it here, under music, because it's related to the entertainment industry.

How about TV, specifically talk shows that bring out the absolute worst in human behavior. I nominate Jenny Jones, who had a show that resulted in one guest murdering another. At least the murder didn't actually occur on the show.


Nominations from the world of music

Post 6

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

The top page specifies that anyone with a new idea can feel free to open a new forum for it... no need to rule this thing with an iron fist, I'm a Libertarian! smiley - winkeye

I'll open the forum, and transfer your nomination. I remember the incident... the gay guy professing his love to the homophobe on national tv.


Nominations from the world of music

Post 7

NexusSeven

Phil Collins for being the tight-fistedest man in showbiz, and for murdering many an animated feature's soundtrack. Plus generally being crap.

The lead singer of Dexy's Midnight Runners (can't remember his name off-hand; isn't it something like Keith Rowland or something?); this guy spawned a music industry joke (one that's not about drummers, either):
What's the difference between the lead singer of Dexy's... and a cow?
Answer- A cow has horns at the front and an a**ehole at the back.

'Nuff said. smiley - winkeye


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more