A Conversation for Live From Los Angeles - The First Annual George Fideaux Total B******d Awards!

Nominations from the world of politics

Post 1

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

We already have two nominees here, but we'll need more, obviously. And, since I am not familiar with Margaret or Reagan's aide, I'll need a simple line on why they're nominated.


Nominations from the world of politics

Post 2

Courtesy38

Hillary Clinton *shudder*

enough said. smiley - smiley


Nominations from the world of politics

Post 3

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I think Billy boy would be a good addition as well... where do you start.... Whitewater? Chinagate? smiley - winkeye


Nominations from the world of politics

Post 4

Courtesy38

Don't forget Travelgate, and Foster's death. The crazy thing is that the bulk of the problems that he encountered in office all broke in the first 100 days.

And of course we can't forget Lewinski smiley - smiley


Nominations from the world of politics

Post 5

Phil

You want a line about Maggie (Iron Lady) Thatcher then...
She all but destroyed the unions in the UK, decimated the mining industry, made a tidy packet for the government selling nationalised industries back to the populace, there was rioting in the streets (81/82). What else do I remember about being one of the Thatcher year children, oh yes greed is good and the only person to look out for me is me so up yours smiley - winkeye

I'd also like to nominate Tony Blair, for the way he managed to make the labour party able to win an election even though he's alienated many within the socialist movement by ditching most of the traditional policies for a continuation of the previous governments policies.


Nominations from the world of politics

Post 6

Is mise Duncan

George Bush Jr. for services to human rights.
First ever pardon since you've been governer this last week or so - well done Georgey boy!


Nominations from the world of politics

Post 7

philbo baggins

I'd like to second the Mrs T nomination. I know she did all those things, but for me she's a sure-fire winner just because of her voice.

Cats running their claws down window-panes don't even come close.

smiley - smiley

Phil


Nominations from the world of politics

Post 8

Bald Bloke

May I step up to "third" the maggie nomination.

Having run an election campaign castigating the Labour government for high unemployment (1 million and falling!) using the slogan "Labour isn't Working" she then went on to lead a government whose policies destroyed the jobs and lives of over 3 million* through unemployment and reduced British manufacturing industry to a shadow of its former self.
* The actual figure is higher, as during her reign, the method of counting the unemployed was changed many times, each excluding more people from the count.

And as for the Poll Tax......


I'd better stop there before my blood pressure goes off the scale.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more