A Conversation for h2g2 Version 2 Help

Help with GuideML - Newbie

Post 1

kabads

Just a quick one, which I thought would be better sent over email as they're such simple problems:

How do I post back to your discussions on your page? I sometimes find it hard to find something that will give me a dialogue box to send stuff to articles. Am I doing something wrong- is there something blatant sticking out on the page that I'm missing?

Also, I understand that for my home page I should use GuideML - no problem with that - I would like to put accross one of
the section headings that seem so common on other pages. I cannot find how to do it.

If you can't help me, please could you put me in touch with someone who will.

Thanks for your time.

Adam

member U133933


Help with GuideML - Newbie

Post 2

Bruce

Hi

To get you a users page you can click on their name in the Who's Online list (I notice you have one on your page - though it's the old version. You can get the code for the new version here http://www.h2g2.com/A349373#WHO ) or in a forum like this just click on their name at the top of their posting.

Once you get to a users page (or even a Guide Entry) you'll see (depending on whther you're looking at the site in the Classic skin (blue background) or the new Alabaster skin(white background) you'll see a "Discuss" button on the left in the Goo (Classic skin) or a "Discuss this Entry" button in the lower body of the page. If you want to start a new conversation theirs a "New Conversation" button at the bottom of the left hand frame of the forums - though you may need to scroll down to find it. Though you seem to know most of this as you've posted to the forums on this page & responded to forums on your own homepage - visiting someone elses page is just the same as your own - click on any conversation to join in.

Posting to forums on articles is the same - on the article page click the "Discuss" or "Discuss this Entry" button to get to the forums. Once you're there it's the same as a homepage.

To find articles/entries that a user has written look for a list of "Recent Guide Entries" on their page.

To go to the home of the author of an entry/article click on their name which is shown in the top right corner of the page.

I hope this covers what you wanted to knowsmiley - smiley.

On the GuideML you probably want the HEADER tag - you can find links to examples of all the GuideML tags at the GuideML Clinic ( http://www.h2g2.com/A187229 ). The tag example pages each show an example of the particular tag, explanatory notes & some example code to get you started with the tag that you can copy& paste to your page.

hope it helpssmiley - smiley
;^)#


Key: Complain about this post

Help with GuideML - Newbie

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more