A Conversation for h2g2 Version 2 Help

Bugs on this page

Post 1

manolan


The option to see the page in the Alabaster skin doesn't work. It takes you to the h2g2 home. Same problem for the "who's online" test on the GuideML Gadgets page.


Bugs on this page

Post 2

Bruce

They both work fine for me in IE5.1 on Windows - what browser are you using?

;^)#


Bugs on this page

Post 3

manolan


Netscape 4.7 on NT.

Looking at the URL, it was missing the A353710 when I looked yesterday, but has it now. The options on the gadget page have also changed, but they just change the skin of the page, they don't launch the gadget in a different skin.


Bugs on this page

Post 4

Bruce

>it was missing the A353710
I was relying on the IE feature that appended the skin change to the URL & after I posted the above I thought "hey, maybe not all browsers do that" & added the A353710 - sorry & thanks for pointing it out.

& the same on the Gadget page.
The show in skin links aren't supposed to launch the Gadget - anything I launch would grab your default skin. Those links are really only included for consisancy with the rest of the Clinic pages where they are included because many of the tags produce different results according to the skin. Maybe I should reword those links on the Gadget page.

thanks againsmiley - smiley
;^)#


Bugs on this page

Post 5

manolan

Glad to be of some service! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more