A Conversation for h2g2 Version 2 Help

Comments

Post 1

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Personally, I prefer the old 'Classic GOO' colour scheme - the new 'alabaster' scheme seems to bright and in-your-face. Also, the new skin feels to 'boxy' - the old goo feels much more friendly to the eyes. However, there is something in favour of the new skin - the layout. It makes more sense (to me) to have the lists of forum/guide/approved entries near the top of the page. And the full-screen-width journals are definitely a good idea.

However, the actual forums seem WORSE. The problem is that the oldest messages are displayed first, rather than the newest - so we still have to work our way through tons of message to get to where we want, but have to keep reloading! Annoying, to say the least.

Is there going to be support for the new smiley in forums, or just in articles? Seems a shame to waste it. Or have I just missed something?


Comments

Post 2

Bruce

The new smiley smiley - tongueout is : - P without the spaces.

I saw Jim Lynn post somewhere that a "jump to the end of the forum" function was in the fast track pipeline for implementation smiley - smiley

;^)#


Comments

Post 3

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Yeah - I realised about the smiley as soon as I posted.

The 'jump to end of forum' function needs to be there soon though - otherwise it's just gonna take ages to get anywhere. smiley - tongueout


Comments

Post 4

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

After a little thought, I've come up with an idea - when you make a forum post, the corresponding link that comes up in your homepage should link straight to that posting, or the first reply to it. That would help speed up forum surfing.


Comments

Post 5

Babel17

I agree. if there was some way that allowed you to pick up the forum where you left it from, ie last posted to it, it might save a lot of time catching up in some of the bigger fora (forums?)
Good work thoughsmiley - smiley

However, these buttons round the wrong way are really getting to me!


Key: Complain about this post