A Conversation for Plumbing in British Hotels

A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 1

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Plumbing in British Hotels
http://www.h2g2.com/A338960

This isn't actually my entry. It was written by IanG. But it is exceptionally well-written, funny, and astoundingly accurate. This is a must-read for travellers to the UK. Please include it in the Edited Guide.


A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 2

Salamander the Mugwump

This entry is just so well written, isn't it? I haven't stayed in a hotel for years but this account certainly rings bells for me. I hope it gets into the guide.


A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 3

Afrael (keeper of angelic guidance)

Absolutely!

I was a contract IT trainer for years and spent most weeks, Mon-Fri in two-bit UK hotels. This was *exactly* my experience, which, combined with early-morning low blood sugar and the general lack of a clean iron, used to set me up nicely for the day...

I thought playing 'safe cracker' was going to have something to do with guessing which cracker was not stale to go with your plastic wrapped cheese, but that would be another entry : Food in British Hotels... (maybe 'safe-cracker', or 'safecracker' would save the confusion, but not sure of the grammar of those two...)

*Definitely* deserves a place in the Edited guide.

A


A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 4

Peter aka Krans

Brilliant... I /like/ it... smiley - biggrin


A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 5

Jimi X

Thanks for offering this one up for review Frag. I remember reading this when I did the Sub job on your Female Masturbation entry. I was disappointed that it hadn't been submitted and I'm glad you remembered it.

Anna and the rest of the Scouts liked it too, so it'll be moving off the Peer Review page soon.

Of course as you know, this is just the first hurdle. This is by no means the end, nor even the beginning of the end - but it should at least prove the end of the beginning.

Good one! smiley - smiley


A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 6

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Hurrah! Thanks very much, Jimi X. And thanks to everyone who popped in with a kind word.


A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 7

Mark Moxon

Editorial Note: This thread has been moved out of the Peer Review forum because this entry has now been recommended for the Edited Guide.


A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 8

Peregrin

Hmm... that's funny... I edited this excellent entry back in July, and sent it back as accepted. As far as I can see the entry itself hasn't changed, but h2g2 towers obviously didn't like it then but do now - they've sent it to me to be edited.

Oh well smiley - bigeyes


A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 9

Jimi X

LOL! That sounds about right! smiley - winkeye


A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 10

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Ah, the glorious confusion of the old editing system. We'll see whether the new Peer Review doesn't produce better results. smiley - winkeye


A338960 - Plumbing in British Hotels

Post 11

IanG

Just for the record, I was actually sent a rejection letter from the h2g2 editorial team for this article. (A couple of months ago I think. I had a bit of a sulk about it at the time - see my Journal for details. smiley - smiley The principal objection was that there are some bits which aren't literally true in the article.) Looks like I get to go round twice due to the change in editorial mechanics!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more