A Conversation for M2M2 - Portrayals of Lesbigay Lifestyle in the Media

Dedications for same sex couples on the radio

Post 1

Rillington

One other aspect worth thinking about is that I have never heard a dedication/message for a same sex couple on the radio and simialrly have never heard a quiz/competition participant has ever indicated that they are in a gay relationship because it's only ever oppioste sex partners which are discussed. To me, same sex dedications would be a symbol of positive images in the media as we would be treated as a normal section of society rather than one to be avaoided.

Therefore, I have to questions. One - has anyone ever heard a gay dedication on the radio and, if so, what station/programme was it on and simialrly has a gay person ever participated in a quiz/competition ont he radio and again what station was it on. And secod, any thoughts as to why same sex dedications are never broadcast and why it is only heterosexuals who particpate in quiz/competitions?


Key: Complain about this post

Dedications for same sex couples on the radio

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more