A Conversation for h2g2 Post 14.10.04

crashed all files, eh ?

Post 1

several, a/k/a random

i prob'ly would sit, whimpering, in a corner of the belfry, under the printer that needs ink cartridges and debating myself over all this bush-kerry hoo-haw, hee-haw swirling amidst the AmSport desk if this thing crashed. (come to think of it, i already have.)
i have today de-fragged this box o'circuits, run the norton antivirus thru, declined kind offers to join this and that chat room for four bleeping hours now and am about ready to divert future e-mails to a post office box at mt. st. helens at the bottom of the lava flow.
i have files i didn't know i had and only want to save fragments of, pictures i used once that REFUSE TO BE THROWN AWAY LIKE I TOLD THEM TO and i'm glad my editor had a safe time.
smiley - rose
sayeth a smiley - musicalnote and a smiley - vampire


crashed all files, eh ?

Post 2

Post Team

The new hard drive didn't fix the problem so it has been dispatched to a repair shop - the think it is the processor so I am computerless for the time being. smiley - sadface

shazz smiley - thepost


crashed all files, eh ?

Post 3

several, a/k/a random

luckily, $26.75 for a new 'memory chip' got me back online here in the belfry as i huddled in front of the teevee for three days, watching baseball and reading a tom clancy novel and another book (i dunno what.)
smiley - musicalnote


crashed all files, eh ?

Post 4

Post Team

Lucky you! I've been slaving over this Post for over 12 hours now and am looking at about the same amount of time still to go... smiley - yikes

shazz smiley - thepost


crashed all files, eh ?

Post 5

several, a/k/a random

carefully monitoring doses of coffee, teas, doughnuts and copious amounts of Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters can produce some post-deadline euphoria, as the adrenaline and biomorphins ebb and flow.
looks like another great job, as usual.
i can only imagine the time, ability and determination it takes to collect so many disparate (desperate ?) writers into one coherent space. (i was going to reply overnight, but know not to joggle mine editor's elbow on deadline.)
smiley - musicalnote


crashed all files, eh ?

Post 6

Post Team

smiley - laugh

smiley - eureka Good thinking - especially with dear Greebo away!

I survive mostly on smiley - tea with a few biscuits - I have now found a supply of Oreos at my local supermarket - and (last night) a bowl of smiley - strawberries followed by a couple of 'toetjes met room' which is rather like a creamy custard confection topped with (allegedly) whipped cream. smiley - smiley

shazz smiley - thepost


crashed all files, eh ?

Post 7

several, a/k/a random

beats the lleh out of pretzels and beer.....or yesterday's pizza.
i can't do that stuff no more.
smiley - musicalnote


crashed all files, eh ?

Post 8

Post Team

What? Pretzels and smiley - ale or smiley - strawberries and biccies?

The only way I can get my fix of salt 'n vinegar smiley - crisps is by buying Pringles - a pretty good excuse eh? The Dutch seem obssessed with odd flavours like paprika.

shazz smiley - thepost


crashed all files, eh ?

Post 9

several, a/k/a random

there is paprika, and there is hungarian paprika, which i swear is mixed with jalapeno pepper. a definite staple in leftovers.
YES on the Pringles salt and vinegar--i can snack on only so much fruit and veggies, just have to watch i don't eat the whole package....at one sitting.
and peanut butter. i can (and have) existed on peanut butter.
smiley - musicalnote


Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for h2g2 Post 14.10.04

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more