A Conversation for h2g2 FAQ: Technical Questions

retrieving my entries

Post 1

ian the sweeper of skies and dream weaver

I deleted 2 edited guide entries last night unintentionally, Can I get them back


retrieving my entries

Post 2

vogonpoet (AViators at A13264670)

Which entries is it you think you have deleted? It shouldnt be possible to delete edited guide entries, as you should only be able to delete entries which have been edited by yourself, and entries which get into the edited guide are always edited by a sub-editor not the author.

As you are dont seem to be a sub, and the two entries you have in your edited guide entries column also appear in your unedited guide entries column as original versions, I wonder if you really have deleted something?

If you have deleted something, then give us a shout again, and I _think_ the italics ought to be able to retieve it from a back up database.

smiley - cheersvp


retrieving my entries

Post 3

Whisky

The only entries that you should be able do delete are those you've typed in yourself.
The good news is that they should be in your list of cancelled entries...

If you click, on the left hand side of your page, on the link "Click here to see more Guide Entries" which should be underneath any entries you have written you'll be taken to a separate page, where, across the top of the page are three links, one of which is "Show Cancelled Guide Entries"...
Clicking on this one will give you a list of any of your own entries you've deleted.... just press "uncancel" beside the title of the entry in question and it'll magically reappear on your personal space.

Hope this helps, if not, give me a shout....
smiley - cheers
whisky


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more