A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 41

Phil

I like the Goo, but then again I've had probably most of the last year to get used to it smiley - smiley

On one of the feedback fora someone mentined the new skin as looking like websites they use for work (eg deja) and I found myself agreeing. There are a few things like the layout (fora and articles on the LHS, journals across the middle at the bottom) but I don't like the colours too bright. Maybe I'll have to play to see what happens of we have a blue goo background and white/pale blue text...

I guess any conversation for the next few days will be centred round this change as the dust settles. I hope my article makes the front page after the settling (well it's only been a week since it was subbed - do you know what the lead times are as a sub Lil?)


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 42

Phil

Going to love yall and leave yall now as I'm quite tired and going to go to bed early!

Have fun and see ya round in 10-11 hours time smiley - smiley

[P] <- It's my calling card smiley - winkeye


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 43

Babel17

{B17} this'll be mine then smiley - smiley


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 44

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I think my cards will look like this: ΒΆ|LIL|]


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 45

Babel17

Ah, nice as it is, will you need one for here?
(yes I am back online again. sorry for the panic email Lil smiley - smiley)


Damn buttons!


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 46

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

I'm not sure if it was planned or not but the preview button could have the effect of allowing people to catch errors before posting


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 47

Babel17

Er... didn't we have this conversation at the Cafe?


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 48

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I expect the same conversation is taking place in many corners of the site today.
*is in the kitchen getting greens for Mindspring and making tea*

Looney, talk about taking a shower to make the phone ring -- I wrote about the drought and was rewarded with a light drenching by a local thunderstorm!


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 49

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Would anybody else like tea?
Heh, today was Garius' day off, so he'll be walking into this with no idea of what's in store.

Oh my God!
*Ampton has just entered through the baby gate, looking more glum than usual, carrying donut box*
Ampton, you've ... you ... You're alabaster!! *takes box* Oh my word, what is Affi going to say when he gets back?!


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 50

Babel17

*stares at Ampton.... decides that he isn't sure if he wants to be around when either Garius or Affi return!*
Er...yes... thanks Lil, a cup of tea before turning in would be nicesmiley - smiley


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 51

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

I'm keeping my setting to Alabaster... it's damnably ugly, but it has lots of toys, and I don't have to scroll down half my page to see what forums need responses.

Of course, my colored text is completely illegible in alabaster. In order to make it stand out in the blue, I chose light colors: yellow and yellow-green. If I changed it to dark colors, It would be illegible in classic blue. So now, what I need to do is fnd a color to set my background that will look good in either skin, and I can set font colors to contrast with one standard background. Any suggestions?


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 52

Babel17

Red? Vibrant green? A sort of purple/maroon combo perhaps?


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 53

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Do you have a clan tartan?
Switching over to a script-type font would probably improve the look as well.
*Ampton looks even more glum*
There, there, Ampton, it's not your fault. He must have been outside at midnight BST when the glitch occurred. You have a donut and go on down to your night watchman duties.


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 54

Babel17

Is the Clan Tartan comment directed at me or GBstbCS?


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 55

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Sorry, at Gargleblaster. I thought might make a good bg image, with scripty font. *looks impish*

Ah, moebius donuts! Betcha can't eat just one.


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 56

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

It might make a good bg image, but I think it would be hideous with the alabaster color scheme, and I'm not Scottish, anyway. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

ARRRGH! I had to go to GuideML to get into the tag, which means I had to spend forever tinkering, and had to get rid of my Aces pulldown list (GuideML pages no longer update if they're still calling out a bug, and apparently, the INPUT tags which worked so beautifully before are now garbage). It also seems that it isn't taking my bgcolor in the usual way, stuffed into the body tag, or else it doesn't appreciate "gold" (although it accepted "maroon" as a text color). The more I experience this new programming, the less I like it.


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 57

Babel17

Well, I'm off. Hope you work out the homepage stuff GB.
Try and get a good nights sleep when it comes Lil, and I shall see you all later smiley - smiley
Night!


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 58

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Will it let you write an embedded style sheet?

I've just remembered that it's this weekend QMike goes to Earl's Court for the Iron Maiden concert. I THINK it's this weekend. Well, he'll soon correct me.


All right, get a hold of yourself
Don't fight it it's over your head
It's allright the rumble in your ears
It's allright to feel a little fear
Don't fight it it's over your head
It's all right you'll wake up in your bed.

Is the chorus to what song?


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 59

Researcher 99947

I'm posting. woo who. Damn the new guideml restrictions. Guess that means no "who's online" link on my page smiley - winkeye


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 60

Mike A (snowblind)

of our complaints of the preview button?ACEs pulldown boxes. Ho ho ho. They still got my name in 'em smiley - winkeye

That A/C story kept on reminding me of AC/DC

Was I the only person who noticed Loony's sarcy p**s-take of the preview button?
*and for some reason - when I typed half of that sentance nothing came up*

Metal 2000 is next weekend. But I'll be away this weekend too smiley - sadface


Key: Complain about this post