A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 21

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Hey Mike, glad you made it! Yes, I keep doing that too. I'm beginning to think that there's no substantive reason for it, but DNA wanted to conduct a social experiment.

We're having a Ripley party over at the Aroma Cafe, where many of the survivors have gathered. Big cake with sparkling candles.

And I just had to issure a continuity alert in the men's room there!! smiley - tongueout


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 22

Phil

QMike try using tags (or is it centre) for your lyrics.

This handy hint was brought to you from reading a Bruce comment earlier in another forum.


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 23

Mike A (snowblind)

Guess we'll get used to it - there's no reasoning with these guys...


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 24

Mike A (snowblind)

Thanks Phil - either I didn't see the new 'latest postings' button or that was a damn big simulpost!

Hi Lil smiley - smiley


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 25

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I posted a question when I got online this morning after the transfer, and Jim Lynn says ... he says they see the importance of a "Latest Posts" button, belatedly, but haven't had time to add and test it.

Ah, they got me again


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 26

Phil

I think it was just that, though you don't get quite the same with the new structure for displaying post headers in the LH frame any more smiley - sadface


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 27

Mike A (snowblind)

Hey Phil - you're kool! My homepage is back to normal smiley - smiley


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 28

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Thunderstorms! Gotta go offline. I'll be back.


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 29

Mike A (snowblind)

Bye smiley - sadface
Has anyone tried looking at my homepage with the new skin? Guessed not. But try it. Is it just me, or can't you see a damn thing?!


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 30

Phil

Just checked it out QMike and you're right, you can't see you page anymore smiley - smiley I think it's to do with the fact that the new skin sets the font colour to black and black text on a black background isn't easy to see. I think you need to talk to bruce about seting the font colour. You could try adding around your text and then it will always come out white (or whatever colour you choose).


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 31

Mike A (snowblind)

The Cheese has very kindly provided me with a solution. He's a kind one smiley - smiley


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 32

Phil

And that solution is?


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 33

ox

*knocks at door*

sorry to pop in, just wanted to say hello...

ignorance is truly bliss when it comes to the current changes!


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 34

Mike A (snowblind)

The solution, Phil, was a deft peice of code. If you want to see it, then pop to the thread on homepage that says Select All

Hi ox smiley - smiley


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 35

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

The storm loomed
The dog trembled
The computer went off
And Lil fell asleep


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 36

Phil

QMike, I've looked and the end result is about the same as I put a few posts up smiley - smiley

Lil, you managed to get some sleep, that's good. Did you feel refreshed after it? Do you think you're now over the worst of the whatever it was.

Ox, hello.


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 37

Mike A (snowblind)

Charizard plushie just threw himself off the monitor...

Hey Lil, great to hear you got sleep. Have you seen the latest candidate for a paintin'?


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 38

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Not till you pointed it out smiley - smiley

I never told the story of the A/C ducting except to QMike (and this is relevant to asking about sleep).

They did the job in toto between 9 am and 3 pm, during which time the house stood wide open to the Florida heat and humidity. One of the things done during the clean was a painting of the inner lining of the ducts with an antifungicidal stuff, to hinder future mould growth, so the venting was necessary.

After they left I was happy until I discovered that 1. the A/C unit was dripping water and in need of 2 sentry buckets, and 2. I was in the grip of my "smart electric" account. This involves the presence of a special dongle on the A/C unit and on my meter; the electric company saves power and distributes it more easily during peak usage times by not letting my A/C fall below 80 or by turning it off entirely for short periods. This smart power thing is supposed to occur between 4 and 6 pm, but when I found my unit still falling inert at 8 pm I got mad. The eletric company rep apologetically confessed that they were cheating a bit with customers who did't mind (read: know enough to complain) and promised normal power in about 15 minutes.

It took another 3 hours for the house to get back toward normal and in the meantime I had the heat and humidity and the taste of the paint at the back of my throat, and I also had buckets to empty periodically. One could hear wooden fixtures throughout the house popping as the humidity went down.

Today the A/C is gradually drying out, the temperature is where it ought to be, the registers and surrounds are shiny clean, and they did a good job really. I'm getting more sleep, but only in 2 or 3 hour patches. Still coughing but it's a shard ends kind of thing.

So this afternoon I dreamed that I was at an enormous restaurant with a group of friends, waiting for a table. Just as we were being escorted into the vast dimness of the eating area I turned to see Sting walking to a bank of pay phones. Or someone quite like him, with blond hair combed back and a gold earring. End of dream.


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 39

Phil

So that's the story of the a/c then.

Strange dream you had there, but then again all dreams are strange smiley - bigeyes


Fth Conversation at Lil's

Post 40

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It was so big, it must have been Milliways smiley - winkeye
*concerned*
Mindspring, I haven't thought of her before now... QMike, can you check on Ferrari please, and make sure he came through the transfer OK? Oh look, she slept right through it. I'll feed her last thing tonight.

So how do you like your own pages better, Phil, Goo or Alabaster?


Key: Complain about this post