A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

hiding - seeking

Post 1221

Afgncaap5

Welcome back, Gw7en!

Marv, sorry to hear about your recent troubles. This may sound a bit tired by now, but I agree with everyone who says that it'll probably start to look up soon.

Um,....can't remember all of the other topics....hope that the visa thing goes well....hope your back gets better soon, Sporky....and good luck to you all.

Oh, and d'E: thanks for reassuring me that it's an easy project. I think that I've found enough Python sources (including this site of yours) that I can get this thing reasonably worked out before my semester ends.


pass

Post 1222

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Makes perfect sense to me, Z. I would never ask anyone to go against their beliefs for any reason. I simply was making a suggestion based on personal experience. Best of luck. (Oh, and btw, you might want to check out some old cookbooks put out by La Leche League for good, healthy vegitarian meals. One personal favorite is Out Of The Sugar Rut.) smiley - smiley

Hullo, Affy dear. Good to be back. smiley - hug Hey, shouldn't I be messanging you soon? smiley - winkeye


pass

Post 1223

Z

Ooh I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend!

The only facts in Aitkens v low fat diets for weight loss is that we have better evidence for the latter than the former. No one makes descions about their own lives based on medical evidence anyway! (unless they're decided what antibiotic to take.) So if you want to try Aitkens try Aitkens! Just remember it's got all the characteristics of a fad.

I'm not really bothered about my weight Gwe7n, for me restricting my diet involves constant psychological torture, unless I have apptitue surpressents, and I don't consider it to be worth the health benifits. But many thanks for your concern and suggestions, it's great to see you back smiley - wow and congratulations on your own weight loss.


pass

Post 1224

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

No offense was taken, m'dear. smiley - biggrin

I agree that very few people actually read the research available when making decisions like this. I actually did do some, however - I'm just a sick smiley - dog like that - and Atkins seemed like the best option that I hadn't already tried. smiley - laugh

I have the same problem with the restriction of eating. I'm a lover of food - hence my problem, I suppose, at least in part. This allows me to eat most of what I like - although I would kill for a chocolate bar and a 6 pack of anything that includes caffeine right now. Unfortunately, I'm not nearly as smiley - zen as you are about my weight however. smiley - winkeye


pass

Post 1225

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

F38024?thread=353891


leaking - tap

Post 1226

Sol

Well, obviously we are stuck with Putin for the forseable future, but Chubias has now emerged as the definitive leader of the Union of Right Forces (before they were more of a collective), and is said to have presidential aspirations. That doesn't put him much in the running yet as the Right Forces lot are definitely somewhere in third place as a party (we'll know after the Duma elections next week) but it's not something you can rule out. You know how Roman Abramovich bought Chelsea and then spent huge amounts upgrading his players out of his pocket change? He's nothing to Chubias in terms of oligarchy status. In fact, Chubias is the man who is one of the main reasons for the oligarchs in the first place as he was the man who oversaw the stripping of former USSR assests and selling them off for a pittance in the first place. So assuming he doesn't actually run foul of Putin like Berisovsky and the Yokos guy did, he's not a bad bet for the future, in which case we may as well give up on Russia entirely.

That said Putin shot to power in six months when the smart money was previously on good heavens I forget the name: Primakov or Chernymerdin, even Lushkov as an outside bet. Now where are they? Absolutely nowehere in terms of national politics, so you never know.

Now, don't you regret you asked that?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more