A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 1061

Titania (gone for lunch)

This might not exactly tie in with the Tarot cards, but I stumbled over this quote on a white witches' Swedish forum while looking for a natural expectorant(?) remedy, and I liked it. Author unknown according to the poster. And it reminded me a bit about the positioning of Tarot cards.

From beneath me arises the energy of the Earth, my home and my foundation.

From above me pours down the light of the Sun and the enchanting Moon.

To my right hand flows the strength to control and direct, the power of magic.

To my left hand comes the skill to divine and to heal, the source of blessing.

Before me arises the perfected one I strive to become, my magical true self.

Behind me falls the one I was, and with it my discarded failures.

Around me circle the eternal stars, lamps of wisdom in the deeps of space.

Within me grows the flame of life, the light of experience and understanding.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 1062

Mol - on the new tablet

I like that a lot, thank you Ti!

Mol


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 1063

Titania (gone for lunch)

Any thoughts about the Chariot card?

At first look, it seems to be about Triumph and Victory. But I'm guessing there's more to it...


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 1064

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

It's about marshalling and making constructive use of opposing forces. On your depiction of the card are the horses traveling in slightly different directions? Is one colored dark and one colored white or gray?


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 1065

Titania (gone for lunch)

The horses aren't visible, although the reins seem to go into opposite directions. A bit odd though that the charioteer looks as if he's a Roman soldier, but on the front of the chariot itself there are two pictures of pharao heads; one light and one dark.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 1066

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

That's standard, for the charioteer to be armored, to indicate strength. And the light and dark symbols are for the opposing (or at least tangential) forces that will require that strength (of will) to coordinate. The horses or whatever stands for them in the card are like yin and yang.

http://www.tarotteachings.com/images/7-Chariot.jpg

In the above image, the horses wear opposite-colored bridles, just as the yin and yang contain a seed of the opposite color. Your card might look more like this:

http://www.tarot-cards-meanings-guide.com/image-files/major-arcana-07.jpg


This is traditionally a positive card, but it's about getting somewhere through work rather than luck.


Key: Complain about this post